Cathy Howse Link?

This thread is funny...
grin.gif
grin.gif

So Transparent.... So, 2nd Timothy 3:12

Man when you start accusing Christian people of drinking and smoking , whew, is it that serious?

[ QUOTE ]
I thought this was funny..

**I've Been following your technique for about 8 months now, however I have not seen a significant amount of growth. I don't think my hair has even grown an inch since I've been following your techniques, however I have no idea what I'm doing wrong. So I was wondering if you could please help me out, and what I should change? ***

HAS'NT GROWN AN INCH IN EIGHT MONTHS
crazy.gif
crazy.gif
I THINK THIS IS SOME OF THE "STUPID THINGS" THAT PEOPLE SAY, DO YOU ACTUALLY BELIEVE THAT THIS WOMAN'S HAIR DID'NT GROW NOT EVEN AN INCH, IN 8 MONTHS.

Boy, Cathy ain't the only one smokin and typin.... LOL

I suppose anything's possible, but even dead peoples hair grow in the grave for up to two weeks after death..

This thread is funny...
grin.gif
grin.gif

So Transparent....

[/ QUOTE ]

Mindy,

I don't think this poster's question is stupid. I think she may be exaggerating a tad or maybe her hair is breaking as it grows and that's why she hasn't seen any progress and she's looking for Cathy to help. Perhaps this person is using too much heat or over processing her hair with relaxer and she needs to be informed on what to do.

What would be stupid is for this person to not seek help and information. Cathy's site and this board is here to help. I think this person just needs information and education.

I personally think that people depend to much on other people's products. Just because the products worked for them, doesn't mean that they are going to work for you. It's so funny, how you go to all these people's websites, and by their books, expecting that your hair will grow just as nicely as the person who wrote the book. I think the reason why our hair doesn't grow as fast, or as long as we would like, is because we are listening to so many people's advice, we have no idea what to do. Beverly Johnson says wear protective hairstlyes, Cathy Howse says not to, it makes no sense.
I think that if we would stop fussing over our hair so much, trying to use every product in the world, our hair would grow much better.
If you have something that works for you, stick with it. Just because you hear someone else talking about another product doesn's mean that you should switch .
I am sure that everyone has a product that works with them. Out of all the products that you have used in your lifetime, there should be ONE that works.

Now, Pet, that was a good response. And you are absolutely right. No one can deny that What she wrote her book about which is Moisture Balance, and Dispelling myths is the absolute truth. The product is secondary. Somebody said they don't see the industry making billions of dollars off us. WOW what a laugh, cause the certainly are. Promising this and promising that.

She has absolute confidence in her product too, and she should. If you look at what she said on the first page of her site, she was the FIRST one to address black haircare needs, if the industry had this info all the long, were they trying to hide it? Well as I said in the first thread about this, people even on this very board buy P.Mitchell, Redken, Mizani, etc and they cost the same if not more than, yet cause shes a sista, "It cost to much".

I digress, cause this is goin no where, we ALL know what time it is.

I stand on that cause I really believe we are our worst enemy, but it's ok, cause God does look out for his own, and critics, naysayers, whatever are no stumbling blocks for him.

I say this from 1st hand experience.

We could have this discussion til the cows come home, does not change what time it is.

THE END

[ QUOTE ]

This thread is funny...
grin.gif
grin.gif

Man when you start accusing Christian people of drinking and smoking , whew, is it that serious?

[/ QUOTE ]

[ QUOTE ]
I think Cathy likes to get her drink and/or smoke on while watching the Matrix and replying to e-mails!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

It's a joke. That's why I put the
laugh.gif
behind it. Trying to lighten the mood. I'm just like that. Her response was funny to me that's all. I still don't understand it. Sorry if I offended you by making a joke about Cathy.

Everyone doesn't take Cathy that seriously. She is a human being and an author and entrepreneur. She is not an apostle, prophet or saviour. I don't believe she was sent here from God to educate all womankind about haircare.

Her response to your inquiry on her website just sounds a little self-righteous and delusional to me, that’s all.

What’s up with this response?
"God needed a big mouth messenger who is not afraid of a billion dollar industry of crooks! I am guided by my creator and I will die defending the cause and right of the black women who want to wear their own hair!!!! Thank you for helping continue spread the word. You know we were warned that the truth will fall on deaf ears. Many years later this lady will look back and realize you had the truth! "

What truth is she talking about? What does she mean by deaf ears? Is she implying that the women on LHCF don’t want to know how to take care of their hair? Who's trying to steal the right of black women to wear their own hair? Who is she defending us against? Is she implying that her way is the only way? Cathy is not teaching about Christ so how can you compare our responses to her “methods” to the bible?

2 Timothy 3:12 says...
"In fact, everyone who wants to live a godly life in Christ will be persecuted."

No one is persecuting Cathy for being a Christian.

That verse is irrelevant. Her response caused me to imagine someone under the influence watching the Matrix. Period. I don't expect everyone to laugh at my jokes, I just had a funny thought and thought I'd share.
smile.gif
This board is all about sharing.
kiss.gif

"What has God got to do with a Haircare Book"

Oh, for some he is the creator of the Universe, in whom we live and move and have our being, the one whom, without we could do NOTHING. The one who gives us breath a brain to write, read,talk walk, oh what does he have to do with it,Hmm I wonder. *geesh*
___
Mindy Mouse,

I am speaking for myself but, as a preacher's wife or whatever capacity you said you were in the church, was it very Christ like to refer to the comments of others as "stupid" because you did not agree?

As for my post, since I know when to equate God with something, I reserve the right to take offense at a woman who is trying to tell her church member that she had to give her a HAIRCARE BOOK because it was like her divine calling to do so. This story was assinine.

I know God gave Cathy the ability to write her book and blessed her with the success the book and products generate. Until Cathy realizes that, she is the one whose comments should be called stupid.

I'm done.

Well as I said in the first thread about this, people even on this very board buy P.Mitchell, Redken, Mizani, etc and they cost the same if not more than, yet cause shes a sista, "It cost to much"
-------

Mindy,
That statement sounded like you are trying to say that most of us are play hating Cathy Howse because she is black and we rather by products by someone who's white. Now you know you're wrong! Why are you defending her so much. You know what I think --I think you are really Cathy Howse posing as MindyMouse! I bet you are right now Cathy at your computer screen with a joint burning in the ash tray, with the Matrix playing in the background and sipping some Red Bull with one hand and typing mean emails with the other.

[ QUOTE ]

Mindy,
Why are you defending her so much. You know what I think --I think you are really Cathy Howse posing as MindyMouse! I bet you are right now Cathy at your computer screen with a joint burning in the ash tray, with the Matrix playing in the background and sipping some Red Bull with one hand and typing mean emails with the other.

[/ QUOTE ]

rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif

I'm not trying to offend anyone here. I was puzzled and a bit dissapointed that everyone in the forum was made out to be haters of Cathy. Just b/c one person may not agree and question the methods of another doesn't mean they are haters or harbor ill feelings toward another. This is the beauty of forums such as this one. We need to be able to separate our opinions on various topics and our feelings toward other people. I won't ever a grudge, even if I don't agree. I can be fussing with you about whether Beyonce's hair is dry or not or whether Smooth and Sleek is really a good product, or even about whether I should live in a black/white/Asian neighborhood for one minute, and then give you love or support if you are down the next. Don't be mad if we don't all agree with everything! Because we are NOT going to do so, but we can still be friends.
kisses.gif

[ QUOTE ]

This thread is funny...
grin.gif
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
____
all_coholic.gif

For illustrative purposes only.

OMG why did i come into this thread lol!!! I almost burst out laughing.
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
God bless you all.

I just read some of the q&a on natural hair, conditioning and moisturizers. This woman scares me. Her answers were abrupt and rude. I got the feeling that she is the center of her universe and what she says and thinks is right and everyone else is wrong. But to each their own. If we don't like her answers, we should just stay away from her website.

i wont say anything except that i enjoyed reading this thread!!!
laugh.gif

actually, one thing, some people really take this hair thing a lil TOOOO seriously
look.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I did hear though that if you wash your hair every 3-4 days it's should'nt be that dirty for a 2nd sudsinig. I can't remember where though.

[/ QUOTE ]

this is from cathy's book.
grin.gif

This thread was HIL-A-RI-OUS!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

I initially felt the need to respond, but it looks like JenJen2721, Pookie25, and Bett1e covered everything I wanted to say. Ditto, ladies.
smile.gif

[ QUOTE ]
This thread was HIL-A-RI-OUS!!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
rofl.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

i know. i just hope it doesn't get deleted later on. it ususally does...
frown.gif
frown.gif
frown.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I think Cathy likes to get her drink and/or smoke on while watching the Matrix and replying to e-mails!
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]

ROFL! I done choked on my pudding! Stop it!
rofl.gif
rofl.gif
OMG, I just snorted LOL Jen you're a bonafide nut. I ain't messing with yall no more.

As a growing christian one thing I would note here is the aspect of "love" some seem to feel that bashing others and tearing down peoples views is the ways of God. This is totally not what I know about God who is love Himself. (1John 15:9)And if we are His children we will love others also. in tearing one another down I would say 1 Peter 3:8 say "Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous ; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. For he who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit. Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Be blessed!

I pray we all can continue to see good in each other

[ QUOTE ]
As a growing christian one thing I would note here is the aspect of "love" some seem to feel that bashing others and tearing down peoples views is the ways of God. This is totally not what I know about God who is love Himself. (1John 15:9)And if we are His children we will love others also. in tearing one another down I would say 1 Peter 3:8 say "Finally, all of you be of one mind, having compassion for one another; love as brothers, be tenderhearted, be courteous ; not returning evil for evil or reviling for reviling, but on the contrary blessing, knowing that you were called to this, that you may inherit a blessing. For he who would love life and see good days, let him refrain his tongue from evil, and his lips from speaking deceit. Let him turn away from evil and do good; Let him seek peace and pursue it. For the eyes of the Lord are on the righteous, and his ears are open to their prayers; But the face of the Lord is against those who do evil.

Be blessed!

I pray we all can continue to see good in each other

[/ QUOTE ]

i am confused. was anybody 'torn down' in this thread or just different points of view being expressed?or were you referring to cathy's site? please clarify
confused.gif

[ QUOTE ]
shocked.gif
OMG Bett1e! Is that graelim holding a 40 oz?!
rofl.gif

Where did you get that?
laugh.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
___
I got it off some web site. What I find funny is that before each drink, he or she looks in the bottle to make sure there is some more. I LOL! everytime I see it.

There are quite a few hair advisers, such as Carolyn Grey, Wanakee, Beverley Johnson, Cathy Howse. There was never really good hair care methods for people with Afro-textured hair. Everybody's hair is different, the conditioning washes, I find are excellent for my hair and I have been doing them since July last year. Also take vitamins, such as B-vitamins etc, does help the hair, I know for me, I certainly get a better quality. Also many of us who live in Europe, America and Canada, the West Indies, the water systems are very different. A lot of people who come over from some parts of America, Africa and Europe to UK, with long hair, find their hair breaks, because the water is very drying, because of the calcium and magnesium ions. However rinsing with bottled water has helped the hair and it is much softer.

I really think that although Cathy is a good source of information like many of the others I have already mentioned. I feel that we in this board are the true experts, because we have tried our methods and we have seen success, look at Beverely, Peachtree, Sherrylove, Denise, De La Soule, Allandra, Camela, Brown Relaxed hair and many others plus all the young ladies who were the hair models of the months. You girls are great inspirations. Your methods work, although my hair is not relaxed. Yet, rinsing daily, taking my vitamins, exercising has certainly helps. Many of us, started off with an inch and now, we have achieved shoulder length, waist length and even taillength. So I think we all deserve a round of claps and congratulations, our own methods are the best.
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
clap.gif
kiss.gif
kiss.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
cheers.gif
rofl.gif
cool.gif