Castor Oil Help

heirloom

So I recently discovered that castor oil is the best thing to seal my hair with after a quick spritz of rose water. The only downside is that my Dad thinks my hair smells weird and I do sort of agree with him:ohwell:. So my question to you is what essential oils would you suggest to conceal the smell. And btw I'm using plain yellowy clear CO not the black one. TIA

Castor Oil smells fine to be but JBCO stinks! I would use lavender oil or peppermint to mask the smell

wow i use castor oil and rose water/glycerin too lol

i like the scent of castor oil but i find it sort of fades after awhile. using the homehealth cold pressed clear one too. but i also use a scented homemade oil blend later on and i smell that more than anything

who cares though? who's going to be sniffing your head?

I use pukka castor oil, it has not scent. Jbco made my hair very dry for some reason. You can try adding rose or geranium oil to disguise the smell. I think the smell of castor oil brings back flash backs from when we were forced to take a tablespoon full of it as children. (Judders with disgust!)

I get my castor oil from my local Walgreens and it has no smell. Rosemary oil is a good one to mask smell also.

empressri It wouldnt be that difficult for people to smell my hair because I'm only 5'2 and most of the people I know are taller than me. I suppose my dad just has a sensitive nose. But I have been looking into essential oils and have already have a nice smelling recipe planned. I've always been into stuff that smells nice (I have about 30 different perfumes) so I'm actually quite excited now as I've always wanted to do some aromatherapy and this has given me a bit of an excuse to buy jasmine oil.
virtuenow its just a supermarket brand, ktc
MissTripleChoc I never had to have spoonfuls of castor oil or cod liver. My childhood nemesis was swallowing pills. I could never do it, I'd always be gagging so they never went down. I sometimes had to cut the plasticy pills in half and swallow the powder inside. It was always a traumatic event. Luckily my fear of pills has disappeared and I can now swallow them

You think castor oil smells... neem oil almost put me in ICU. Yuck!

Good essential oils: peppermint, bergamot, grapefruit, lime, cocoa, vanilla etc.

I use pukka castor oil, it has not scent. Jbco made my hair very dry for some reason. You can try adding rose or geranium oil to disguise the smell. I think the smell of castor oil brings back flash backs from when we were forced to take a tablespoon full of it as children. (Judders with disgust!)

Me too, I would hide when my mom came for me w/the castor oil. It tastes so thick and gross. I don't remember any other medicine that made me cringe and hide the way castor oil did. Oh, but it's awesome on the hair for oil rinses, so I forgive it :yep:

heirloom

I'm 5'2" and everyone is taller than me. I still don't care if they don't like the scent of castor oil because I LOVE it lol although SO isn't keen on it.

BUT....last night he was all in my hair and when I say that I layered on the castor oil last wash, and then used the oil I mentioned, he didn't smell it at all because he would have said so. I used a mix of vanilla and cedarwood fragrance oils. I find the fragrance oil cover up scents better than EO's. Last batch of oil I used was sweet orange and it was good but I still smelled my other oils. The fragrance one I found worked better.

Back