Caruso Steamer

NayNay

Helen of Troy should love me because I have encouraged a lot of peeps ro buy the Caruso Steamer. I will admit my happiness has decreased! I bought one that gave out in less than 6 months. According to their warranty they will send u a brand new one within 1 year if yours stops working. Of course I wanted my new one like yesterday. I mailed in the old one and postage in January. I FINALLY got one. THANK HEAVEN for my mother. She had the old salt one she never used and gave it to me so I used that one while my damaged one was being replaced.
I must say the rollers NOW are a much better quality. I only have like 50+ steam rollers now LOL! I have 30 from my set about 20 from my mother's set and another 14 from the new set they mailed me. I am in PJ GLORY! /images/graemlins/laugh.gif
Well I guess I will advocate their product again...I was told it would take 3 weeks (let's say 2 months) to be replaced, but I wanted eveyone to know they do honor their warranty!

That's good to know, but mine better not break down, cause I don't feel like packing up nothing and mailing it off /images/graemlins/naughty.gif

I dropped mine the other day and it worked today, whew! Then there was water left in the cup part and my Dog had the nerve to be licking in it /images/graemlins/mad.gif like he don't have a water dish /images/graemlins/mad.gif

Gee, my poor steamer has seen a lot of damage.

Those steam rollers don't give you the frizzies? I have 3C/4-something (can't remember right now)on my head and I am afraid that Caruso hot steam roller thing will either
A) Fry all of the hair of my head
B) Give me the frizzies and that is the last thing I need right now

karezone
I will stand on my Caruso soap box again. I have 4a hair and I only relax 4 X per year and I cannot complain about it at all. The first time I used the Caruso steamer my hair is awful. I put all my oils/moisturizers on and let the hair dry. I then heat up the rollers very hot and shake any excess water off. I wrap my end papers around the roller and I get great curls. Iusually put plastic rollers in my hair after the hair cools and keep them in until my hair dries all the way. I get GREAT curls and I have used it on some 3 hair types with no problemas!!!!
I haven't used any heat in my hair (except under the hair dryer) all year. I am still a BIG advocate! /images/graemlins/smile.gif /images/graemlins/grin.gif
It is heated with steam so it is good for the hair no dry heat AND no frizzies if you use end papers.

It won't fry your hair off your head.
But it does tend to frizz a bit but not a whole lot unless left on the steamer longer.

I'm still working with it to find the best way for me. I tried using something on the hair and did'nt like it.

I just bought one of these recently. i thought it would help me with quick touch-ups to my rods, but i'm having some trouble. does anyone know how to do spiral curls with it? i tried to follow the directions but it doesn't come out right.

dstdiva
I use the smaller rollers medium sized and spiral the hair down the roller then when I pull the roller out I sometimes roll the hair back up on a perm rod (staggered and down the length of the rod) and let it dompletley dry that way.
Do u understand what I mean??? I roll the hair down the length of the roller and try not to overlap the hair. I hope that is clear
frown.gif
smile.gif

thanks nay nay! i went home and tried a few practice curls. i put something different on each one (mango butter, setting lotion, etc.). the mango ones came out the best. then, i washed my hair and rollerset it. my co-workers are like "you come in here with different hair everyday!". i need a perm though, my roots are NAPPY!

Back