Caruso setters: needs advice getting them to work

Lucia

on my weave, it seems like it doesn't take, but maybe I'm not doing it right-help I need tips.
I rolled up the hair, then waited like 15 minute and only got a limp wave ugh what am I doing wrong, is it not made for weaves or something?
Now I'm wondering if this will work on my real hair cause that's thick too. TIA

so I jumped into this thread like Superwoman to the rescue :lachen: because I've been rekindling a love affair with my Caruso's ... BUT I've never used them on anything but my relaxed hair. Here are some key tips anyway, maybe other Superwomen will jump in that have experience with weave hair.

you only need to steam each roller for about 5-10 seconds tops. Some ladies have also steamed the covers but this is really not necessary.

Shake any excess water off the roller and the roll you hair and put the cover on. End papers help keep your ends from getting frizzy and dry.

Leave the rollers in until your hair is dry which should really only be a few minutes, maybe 10-15. Some ladies use a blow dryer over the rollers to speed up drying.

I find a good system is to put a roller on the steamer, section the hair, wrap the roller with end paper, roll the hair and put the cover on. Then repeat. It only takes me 20-30 minutes to completely set my hair and the curls last multiple days.

Hope this helps... Somewhat Superwoman OUT!

Back