Caruso or hot rollers?

cheri_flava74

Which do you prefer and why? I have been using hot rollers for about a month and I like them. Of course everyone raves about Caruso so I bought some yesterday because I read that they are not damaging. I know my hot rollers= heat which could lead to damage. I try the Caruso out and my hair was a little frizzy but that maybe because I didn't leave the rollers in long enough. Also when you have new growth will the steam cause your hair to revert after you have straightened the new growth?

I prefer Caruso rollers because they are much healthier than hot rollers. If you use end paper and don't oversaturate the rollers with steam, your hair should not be frizzy or revert. My first try my hair frizzed a little bit and ended up a little hard. I think that it was b/c I had too much moisture in the roller. You can check out my fotki for pics. If you notice, my hair looks the same as it would have looked if I'd used hot rollers.

I agree with Imani. I prefer Caruso rollers because it adds moisture to my hair using steam rather than heat and because it only takes a few minutes to do and set. I too use end papers (something I learned from Hairlove)

The Caruso Rollers are better because it is steam heat vs dry damaging heat. End papers do make a big difference. I love them and did a review in my album.

cheri_flava74 said:
I didn't use end papers so I will try again. Do you wrap the end paper around the roller?
I put it on my hair. I would be interested to hear how other ladies do it. I love Caruso Rollers. I feel like doing a Tom Cruise I love them so much! :lachen:

I washed, deep conditioned, wrapped my hair, and dried under the dryer. I hate the smell my flat iron leave (I usually use my flatiron after I wrap set my hair) in my hair so I tried the Caruso's again with the end papers. Much better. I used a couple of jumbo and large rollers to give some body to my hair. Can I use smaller rollers for a curly style without getting frizz? What other tips do you have?

I just bought and used my caruso set the other day and I LOVE them. :love: I also used end papers but I wrapped them around the rollers. I used the small and medium rollers and they gave me a head full of curls. My hair didn't revert at all, but it may be because I use oil and grease.

I like my curls much better from my caruso set than from my regular heated rollers. I have about 5 inches of newgrowth and it worked well with the steam rollers.

Caruso rollers all the way!!!!!!!!!!! :clap: Just make sure you use end papers. Your curls will come out soft and bouncy. I'm 10 weeks post relaxer and went out with my girfriends last night rocking my caruso curls and got many compliments. Also my curls lasted through the night. I leave each roller on the steamer about 2-5 seconds. This is a life saver when you do not have hours available to style your hair.

*ElleB said:
This may sound like a dumb question after reading this post, but what are end papers?
End papers are thin, white (almost transparent) sheets of paper cut into rectangular shapes and come in boxes of different sizes. These rectangles are designed to wrap around rollers before rolling up the hair. I buy the Sally's brand of 1000 jumbo end wraps for $1.59 (about 69 cents when on sale).

kitchen_tician said:
I just bought and used my caruso set the other day and I LOVE them. :love: I also used end papers but I wrapped them around the rollers. I used the small and medium rollers and they gave me a head full of curls. My hair didn't revert at all, but it may be because I use oil and grease.

I like my curls much better from my caruso set than from my regular heated rollers. I have about 5 inches of newgrowth and it worked well with the steam rollers.

How many small/medium rollers did you use? I want to try this but I don't know if I have enough rollers yet. I have only 30 rollers in the different sizes that came with the Caruso but I did order more today.

cheri_flava74 said:
How many small/medium rollers did you use? I want to try this but I don't know if I have enough rollers yet. I have only 30 rollers in the different sizes that came with the Caruso but I did order more today.

Where are you ordering the extra rollers?

cheri_flava74 said:

I used a total of 18 rollers. 6 small, 6 small plus and 6 medium. I had enough for my entire head to be rolled all at once. I also have the set of 30.

I do understand the benefits of the caruso. I love how the curl looks when I take it off the roller( I do use end papers). However, after I finger comb the curl out my hair seems a bit crunchy:confused: . I tired less water in the chamber, less time on the spindle, oil, no oil. With all y'all encouranging words I may give a try tonight:D !

Do any of you ladies have curly, natural hair, and use the caruso rollers?

I've tried rollersets on various occassions. Being that my hair is curly, (I think I'ma a 4A/4B), I have a hard problem getting them tight enough at the roots where I don't have beautiful curlers and then curly roots.

Back