Carol's Daughter new website

cocopuff

Has anyone seen the new website for Carol's Daughter (www.carolsdaughter.com). It looks really nice and Jada Pinkett is on the front page. Today also marks the price increase for her products and so far, I have noticed the fragrance sprays have gone up another $1.50 to $16.50. The packaging looks nice, though.

I was going to post about this today but I didn't bother to do it. I was just on this website today checking out the products:grin:. I guess we both are stalking the natural products websites:p :) . I love the new website. It's very cute.

It's Jada, she's a HUGE CD fan (saw it on that special "Living like Will and Jada", something like that)

I'm actually stopping by the shop tomorrow with one of my friends.

The website looks good.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I was going to post about this today but I didn't bother to do it. I was just on this website today checking out the products:grin:. I guess we both are stalking the natural products websites:p :) . I love the new website. It's very cute.

I just saw the products in your hair album. You almost have as much as me! Good to know I'm not the only one. I plan on trying to get the myhoneychild Repear Deep Conditioner next. I am waiting on my Asha's Sunkissed Pomade right now. I don't have any intention of buying any of the Carol's Daughter products, though, I have enough.

Last edited:
senimoni said:
R u sure that is Jada..at first glance it looks like her...but not when you really look....

Yes,it IS Jada, there is a Carol's Doaughter add in the current issue of Essence in which Jada is the spokesmodel for her products. Which IMO explains the current price increase, I am sure Jada doesn't come cheap :yep:.

cocopuff said:
I just looked at the products in your hair album. You almost have as much as me! Good to know I'm not the only one. I plan on trying to get the myhoneychild Repear Deep Conditioner next. I am waiting on my Asha's Sunkissed Pomade right now. I don't have any intention of buying any of the Carol's Daughter products, though, I have enough.

I know!! I know!!:lol: :lachen: :spank: Some those products I accumilated when I was fully relaxed but after finding LHCF I started to purchase more natural hair products. I find that since I am texturized my hair responds better to the ones that have mostly natural ingredients than the ones with lots of chemicals (bad ingredients). So for now I just rotate my products until the ones that don't do much for my hair are finish. I got the myhoneychild Repear Deep Conditioner as a sample with one of my purchases but I have not used it as yet but I love the smell of it:love: :lick: .

I just got my Asha's Sunkissed Pomade and the silk rose elixir this wednesday but I have not tried them on my entire hair as yet only on a few strands of my hair and I love them:love: :lick: especially the the silk rose elixir. After I applied it to the few strands I realized that I might not need to put anything else in my hair. I was like wow!! This is some good stuff.

As for Carols Daughter, I had a bad experienced with them. Although I have to blame myself:hammer: for not checking where they were located before placing my order on their website. They are located right in NY not too far from me and I realized this long after I placed my order. Silly me. Anyway, after waiting for my shipping confirmation via email I didn't receive any so I thought that they were just taking too long to ship out my order because on the website it said that it could take up to 2 weeks for your order to be shipped. I found out that they shipped my order after receiving an info notice from Fedex that they tried to deliver my package. So I signed the back of the notice because I was not going to be home to sign for it. When I got home there was no package to be found so I called Fedex customer serivce and they told me that the Fedex guy came threee times and that they won't attempt to the deliver the package again and it will be return to the sender after a few days and the pickup location is in Long Island. I had an instant headache:look: :mad: .

I ended up getting a refund after the package was returned to Carol Daughter so I didn't get a chance to try their products but I will definately try them in the future.

CLASSYEBONYGIRL said:
I know!! I know!!:lol: :lachen: :spank: Some those products I accumilated when I was fully relaxed but after finding LHCF I started to purchase more natural hair products. I find that since I am texturized my hair responds better to the ones that have mostly natural ingredients than the ones with lots of chemicals (bad ingredients). So for now I just rotate my products until the ones that don't do much for my hair are finish. I got the myhoneychild Repear Deep Conditioner as a sample with one of my purchases but I have not used it as yet but I love the smell of it:love: :lick: .

I just got my Asha's Sunkissed Pomade and the silk rose elixir this wednesday but I have not tried them on my entire hair as yet only on a few strands of my hair and I love them:love: :lick: especially the the silk rose elixir. After I applied it to the few strands I realized that I might not need to put anything else in my hair. I was like wow!! This is some good stuff.

As for Carols Daughter, I had a bad experienced with them. Although I have to blame myself:hammer: for not checking where they were located before placing my order on their website. They are located right in NY not too far from me and I realized this long after I placed my order. Silly me. Anyway, after waiting for my shipping confirmation via email I didn't receive any so I thought that they were just taking too long to ship out my order because on the website it said that it could take up to 2 weeks for your order to be shipped. I found out that they shipped my order after receiving an info notice from Fedex that they tried to deliver my package. So I signed the back of the notice because I was not going to be home to sign for it. When I got home there was no package to be found so I called Fedex customer serivce and they told me that the Fedex guy came threee times and that they won't attempt to the deliver the package again and it will be return to the sender after a few days and the pickup location is in Long Island. I had an instant headache:look: :mad: .

I ended up getting a refund after the package was returned to Carol Daughter so I didn't get a chance to try their products but I will definately try them in the future.

I think Carol's Daughter hair products are just okay. I tried the Healthy Hair Butter, Mimosa Hair Honey, and the Hair Milk and they were just "OK" in my opinion. I like the Akiva Naturals products better. I haven't tried all of the Carol's Daughter products, but I didn't get a good impression from the ones that I did try, except the Tui Hair Oil. The other natural product lines work better for me.

cocopuff said:
I think Carol's Daughter hair products are just okay. I tried the Healthy Hair Butter, Mimosa Hair Honey, and the Hair Milk and they were just "OK" in my opinion. I like the Akiva Naturals products better. I haven't tried all of the Carol's Daughter products, but I didn't get a good impression from the ones that I did try, except the Tui Hair Oil. The other natural product lines work better for me.

Thanks for the heads up and the reviews. I had ordered the hair milk and the Tui Hair oil. Maybe my order was returned for a good reason:ohwell: because I really wanted to try a product from each natural line to see what each one of them has to offer but I guess I am not missing out much from Carols Daughter so I don't feel so bad. I was tempted to go pick up my products after they were returned to them but I had to fight the PJism:lol:

uh...i just ordered the hair milk from akiva. Im broke...why did i open this thread. Whats the stuff used for btw???

Dolapo said:
uh...i just ordered the hair milk from akiva. Im broke...why did i open this thread. Whats the stuff used for btw???

I just ordered the from Akivanaturals Healthy Hair Honey too:look: and I heading to the Kinky-Curly website next to order the curly custard.:look:

The hair milk should be used when you want to wear your hair loose and curly and you don't have a lot of time to "fuss" with your hair. I apply Hair Milk to damp hair and rub it through the hair shafts from the roots to the ends. It defines my natural curls and leave me with hair that is soft and curls that bounce. It is also used as a light moisturizing lotion for curly, frizzy and dry hair to provide mega hydration, moisture, sheen, softness and manageability.

Dolapo said:

I liked the Akiva Hair Milk sample and I ordered it as well. I used it to brush my natural hair into a ponytail and to smooth my edges. I also used it on some twists and it works well to make my hair shiny, soft, and it also looks healthy. I haven't used it on wet hair, though. I liked it alot along with other Akiva products so I ordered a few 2 oz. sizes. It worked better for me than the Carol's Daughter Hair Milk.

I think Carl's daughter products are "ok" too in fact I still have some Carols Daughter's product that I bought a couple of years ago. I think one day I would like to make my own "natural" products, that way I can take more pride in it because its something that I made, it can't be that difficult.

Back