caring for hair when you swim twice a week

bunita

Can someone tell me how you can take care of your hair when you swim twice a week?I wear a swimming cap but my edges get little damp so I wash my hair with CON but my edges around the cap are breaking a little bit. Can someone advise me how I can take care best so I can keep on swimming? I do also condition after washing it. Is washing it with shampoo too much?

I'm not sure if this will help, during the summer my daughter swims almost everday since we have a pool, i usually put a conditioner on her hair along with the swim cap, i read somewhere that the conditioner will help proctect hair from chlorine but not fully also Ion has a shampoo for swimmers.

i swim a lot and this is what i do :
1. wet my hair or make it damp and add lots of conditioner
2.put on a shower cap
3. put on the swimming cap

After i'm finished swimming i use a clarifying shampoo and then a moisturizing shampoo and then deep condition. hth

I just add a standard conditioner to my hair, like a cheap one that you would normally leave in 1-3 minutes. Then I put on my swim cap. But many women at my gym just wet their hair before going into the pool.

After swimming, I wash my hair with a shampoo with SLS in it. Sometimes, I do an ACV rinse afterwards.

Back