Careers n marriage

mieshashair

What do u do when u want to follow ur dreams but ur hubby doesn't seem to be thrilled about it? I hv a MBA n hv been unemployed for almost two years I hv applied various places but no one calls. Finally I get a call to be a makeup artist which is something I love to do but it's frowned on because they feel it's not corporate n they want u to dress like u r going to party everyday. I think that's the part that bothers my hubby. I don't know what to do... Should I pursue my dream r take his feelings n consideration although he hasn't flat out said bit his actions hv... Sry for any typos

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

I'm am not married:

But if you're Christian and want to follow things from a biblical perspective. You should talk about your feelings with him and get a definite yes or no about the situation or determine what exactly bothers him about the job and follow his lead. Sometimes what we want tend to overshadow what God wants and in turn what is best for our family.

I'm assuming you mean a Beauty Advisor of sorts? I work in this industry and have come across tons of women with MBAs who started as Advisors and moved up the ladder. The downside is that many of these higher opportunities (Account Coordinator, Account Executive, Education Executive, etc...) could require you to do a lot of travel, from 50-80%, unless you find something in corporate which, depending on where you live, would require you to relocate. I'm not sure why so many people look down on it when unlike a majority of industries right now, we are actual hiring instead of laying off. I'm actually having to go out and physically recruit people. Yes, you will have to look the part for work, and depending on your position/company, you will have to look the part even outside of work.

If anything, remind your husband that it's easier to get a job when you have a job. Trying to find the opportunity of your dreams will be much harder when HR is automatically filtering through applicants who are not currently employed. Let him know that this could lead to more opportunities and will allow you to network. I've met tons of important people. These women see you as their friend and will invite you to events that will help you make connections. I've seen it happen. Sorry for rambling but I wish people were more open-minded about taking risks. You'll be mostly working around other women and gay men so use that to support your case as well :lol:.

Back