Care Free Curl products for naturals/transitioners

LadyCapri

I have been in transition from relaxed to natural for nearly 14 weeks now. I remember a friend of mine telling me that she uses Care Free Curl activator and moisturizer on her natural hair. These products were initially designed to be used on people who have the Jheri Curl but now it can be used by those with wavy/curly hair. Has anyone used Care Free Curl products on natural hair? I hear that the Gold line is the best.

I've heard of a few people using Care Free Curl. I hear more people using S-Curl or Sta-Sof-Fro. I didn't care much for s-curl. It didn't work well for me.
frown.gif

I use the Care Free curl on my hair and it's relaxed!!! I only use the moisturizing spray--after I've shampooed and conditioned on my air dry days. My brother uses the Wave Cream -which is hard to find, but he LOVES it.

[ QUOTE ]
healthyhair2 said:
Oh I forgot-- It is the gold line spray that I use. The wave cream he uses, I THINK is from the original line.

[/ QUOTE ]

Did your relaxed hairs wave/curl up after using the activator? I heard that John Frieda has Rippled Effect for relaxed hair but I have not heard much about it.

The CFCG activator is one of my staples (along with the Wave Nouveau Moisturizing Lotion). The Daily Moisturizing Creme is good too (I love the smell), but it's a little heavy and contains mineral oil. Fortunately there's no petroleum in it.

Re: Care Free Curl products for naturals/transitio

<font color="blue"> Softsheen Care Free Curl Gold is my staple product, and my hair is texturized
smile.gif
I use it just for moisture when I do my bun everyday, but for wearing it down or in a wash 'n go, I will need to find another product
ohwell.gif
</font>

There's 2 carefree gold products I've regularly seen used. The Care Free Gold Daily Moisturizing Cream and the Care Free Gold Instant Activator

I haven't ever tried the Moisturizing cream because it does have mineral oil in it (mineral oil is a major no no for me- my hair hates it). The instant activator did give me some moisture but the moisture wasn't long lasting or anything. I moved on to other products because it didn't really mix well with the butters I use on my hair to hold moisture in.

I tried the Care Free Curl activator and my hair came out soft and the new growth became curly. I also used S-Curl activator and my hair turned out soft and wavy.

Back