Can't Sleep :-(

Thank you ladies for your kind words. Everything you all say is so true...I know I will get through this eventually. I will take the advice and look into the support thread for sure. I wanted to come here and gain some support from my sisters. What's so real is that I'm a nurse and I know the grieving process and am experiencing all of the loss of appetite, lack of sleep and everything but it's feels some kind of way that it's me. I'm the one who usually is helping others and now I'm the one in need. I'm just not used to that at all. Okay I will stop rambling thank you again ladies.

HPG

Don't judge...Sent from my Galaxy Note II using LHCF

We nurses are people also, We get to be a part of the sick and hurt process just like everyone else. You have been good to countless others. Now, all your good deeds will be repaid by the Almighty that cares for you. Be encouraged!

So very sorry for your loss.

It will take time, but, yes, it will get better.

Be sure to take care of yourself
& lean on friends/ close family.
You will need to talk & they will need to listen.

My heart is truly aching for you. My mom is still living, but I put myself in your shoes and couldn't hold back the tears.

I'm very sorry for your loss. Thoughts and prayers go out to you and your family. I lost my dad as a middle schooler and it was very, very rough. It gets easier but it will take some time to get there. Don't rush it. Allow your emotions to do what they will. (((hugs)))

With my experience, you grow to better deal with the emptiness and hurt but the feeling never really go away. So sorry to hear the news.

I'm so sorry to hear about your mother. I'm holding you and your family in my warmest thoughts and prayers.

Be well. :bighug:

I'm sorry to hear of your loss. Losing a mother is very hard and harder still if you had a close relationship. I'll keep you in my prayers. I lost my mother 12 years ago and I still miss her terribly. You will be able to smile again even though it doesn't feel like it now.
(((hugs)))

January noir summed up my thoughts as well.
Same with me. I lost my mom 12 years ago this January. You will always love her & no one can ever replace her. With time the tears turn to smiles as you think of her. But theres always an empty space for her.

Last edited:
I am so sorry. You are in my prayers.

I can't see any mentions on my IPhone. PM me if it is a must see. Allons y

I am so sorry for your loss. You and your family are in my prayers. God bless!

Sent from my iPhone using LHCF

Yes I'm up....sorry guys but I just can't sleep! My mom passed away yesterday morning and my mind is just running 100 mpm. Does it get any better/easier!?!

HPG

:( :hug2:

Yes it does get easier...with time. You'll still have those :( moments, but those moments get less frequent as time goes on ime.

ETA: Lost my mom 10 years ago. Yes...still hurts but time does help some.

Last edited:
Psalm 23 The LORD is my shepherd, I shall not be in want. He makes me lie down in green pastures, he leads me beside quiet waters, He restores my soul. He guides me in paths of righteousness for his name's sake. Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me. You prepare a table before me in the presence of my enemies. You anoint my head with oil; my cup overflows. Surely goodness and love will follow me all the days of my life, and I will dwell in the house of the LORD forever.

:bighug:

So sorry for your loss. Heaven has a new angel and you called her mom. Peace be still. Be still Peace. It gonna take a while, the first of any holiday, birthdays, family gathering, etc. without mom hurts the most and cuts the deepest. It will get easier/better with the passing of time. You will never forget her and your love for her will always be strong. Try to keep your mind clear and focused for the tasks that are ahead of you at this time. Stay strong.

Hairpleezegrow, you have so many people that care for you and everyday will be a journey in recovering from your grief. I wish you all the best *hug*

My heart hurts for you. So sorry for your lost. A day no one is ever prepared for. Hugs hugs and hugs. Just think of all the fun times you both has together. Laughing does subside the pain.

I have been there and my heart really aches for what you and will go through. Just know there is no set way to mourn or time limit. Allow yourself the time to grieve. And when you get angry know that is normal too. Enjoy your good moments when they begin to come again and cherish your memories until you and your mom meet again.

Knowing I will see my loved one again and knowing she wanted all that is good for me kept me going through the bad days.

Sent from my SAMSUNG Galaxy Note 2

Thank you ladies so much. Your words of kindness mean everything to me and is gr8ly appreciated. I went yesterday to make arrangements and Omgosh I did not know how expensive services are. And the burial home wants to charge 5% of whatever my mom's insurance policy is on top of the $12, 000 we are being charged for services. I have never heard of that b4 and haven't done this so I don't even know if that's normal. My mom wants this place though bc they helped with my grandfather and uncle when they passed (I was young like 5 at that time) and I want to respect her wishes. I'm not complaining about the services bc we are paying regardless but that 5% extra is what's baffling. Everything we picked is so beautiful though you guys. She would be so pleased. Thank you all for allowing me to vent as I know this isn't the right section for this but along with my family you girls are keeping me strong and I really do from the bottom of my heart appreciate it.

HPG

Stay Prayerful. Carry Out Her Wishes. Try to take some time for yourself (to process and to rest).

During this time, don't get caught up in unnecessary family drama.

For at least a year (post), don't make any drastic life changing decisions.

We are ALL here for you.

Back