Can you take your own weave out?

Armyqt

And if so, please explain how. This is my third week with this weave in and I'm ready for it to be out like now. I don't have anyone to do it for me today, but I really just want it out. Has anyone done this before. BTW the rtacks are sewn in on braids.

I've always taken my own sew in's out, maybe four times, the weaver did....maybe somebody, like Weaveitup, will come up with a good explanation as how to take them out for you Movie Star...but I'll try...

I've just always felt for the string towards the end of one of the tracks and with small or slender scissors slowly clip it and loosen then make my way across the track until it was removed from the braid. Just being really careful that I was not cutting my own hair.

MonaLisa said:
I've always taken my own sew in's out, maybe four times, the weaver did....maybe somebody, like Weaveitup, will come up with a good explanation as how to take them out for you Movie Star...but I'll try...

I've just always felt for the string towards the end of one of the tracks and with small or slender scissors slowly clip it and loosen then make my way across the track until it was removed from the braid. Just being really careful that I was not cutting my own hair.

Hey Mona :wave:

Thanks, at least I know it's not imposssible to do. I'm thinking of setting up my mirrors like I do when I self relax and going for it. ;)

ThickHair said:
Whatever you do, have a gf help you so you won't cut your own hair out.

Unfortunately I don't have anyone to help me today. And I really want it out. I want to deep condition my hair and the weave just doesn't look good anymore.

Armyqt said:
Hey Mona :wave:

Thanks, at least I know it's not imposssible to do. I'm thinking of setting up my mirrors like I do when I self relax and going for it. ;)

Hey Movie Star:wave: -

Good luck girl...just be really careful....
let us know how it turned out....

ITA agree with Mona. I always sew in my own weaves, so maybe that's why I have no problem getting them out, since I know how I've put it in. I have taken out a sew in that someone else did with no problem. You just have to feel for the string and usually after you've made one cut you can just pull the string out.

And like you said, if you're having an issue with a certain part, just use a mirror. Good luck!

I agree w/others... It is much easier w/some help but you can do it yourself w/some patience and mirrors. Just be prepared to have some tired arms :) and make sure you take your time and if you get tired or frustrated take a break so that you dont end up making a mistake and cutting ur hair off.

carmend said:
I agree w/others... It is much easier w/some help but you can do it yourself w/some patience and mirrors. Just be prepared to have some tired arms :) and make sure you take your time and if you get tired or frustrated take a break so that you dont end up making a mistake and cutting ur hair off.
AMEN! I use a razor (one of those #11 blades for an exacto knife) to cut cuz I jacked myself once with scissors. I angle the blade towards the weft and away from my hair.

Thanks ladies. I decided not to take it out myself after looking at the tracks. I could hardly decipher the thread from the hair. I'm gonna get DH to do it. I trust him to do it becuase I know he'll do it like he's performing surgery :lachen: . And he knows if he messes it up, that's his *** :lol:

I've taken my own weave out before using a seam ripper. It's sewing tool, that removes threads. It's a great tool for removing tracks b/c it's not scissors and you don't have to really worry about cutting your hair. The tool only pulls out the thread. You can find one a JO-Anne fabric store for under 4 bucks. Matter of fact, I would recommend having your friend use the seam ripper instead of scissors.

Back