Can you recommend a moisturizing shampoo/conditioner for my SIL? (type 2 hair)

sharifeh

My sister in law has complained that American shampoos/ conditioners have messed up her hair. She said ever since she moved here (USA) her hair has been super dry. :lol: She said the shampoo here makes her hair feel like straw. I can recommend so many moisturizing poos that I use but her hair is different. I wouldn't want to weigh her hair down. I only have straightened pics but her hair is type 2ish I would say. She used to have a relaxer in it I think a long time ago, but now it's natural with color.

I know she's not black but I don't post on lhc. :lol: Plus don't some of ya'll have type 2 hair? :drunk: I figured you guys would know what to recommend. Just a moisturizing shampoo conditioner line that's not too expensive.

these are the only shots I could get of her hair. both straight:

Please don't quote pics .

3sjf4.jpg

15mmzwx.jpg

I was thinking of recommending her CHI since she uses heat quite often.

Last edited:
Anything non-sulfate would probably do the trick. L'Oreal makes a few options she can find in any drugstore.

In my opinion Aphogee makes The Best moisturizing shampoo.

Or, can she order her normal shampoo (from where she came from) online?

Anything non-sulfate would probably do the trick. L'Oreal makes a few options she can find in any drugstore.

In my opinion Aphogee makes The Best moisturizing shampoo.

Or, can she order her normal shampoo (from where she came from) online?

Thanks!, I'll look into it.

No she comes from a country in Africa so that would be too much fuss and too much money. You know I never did ask her what she used to use.

The water here is probably different from what she's used to. That could make a difference as well.

I have 2c/3a hair and I don't really use products that are any different from what type 4s here are using. Cheap products that have worked well for me are aussie 3 minute miracle and tresseme naturals. I cowash.

it maybe the water? i would try using a cleansing cream and a water filter for the shower. maybe she should try WEN?

i agree with the above! tell her to try cowashing with Tresemme Naturals. and use Herbal Essence moisturizer. the one that replaced the Long Term Relationship leave-in. i can't think of the name right now.

Last edited:
What is the name of her shampoo from Africa? I can see if I can find it. I order from Africa all the time and it doesn't take any more time than it does to order from here. I order the African castor oil hair fertilizer and it comes from Africa not some chain in the U.S. You can also check the web for an african hair products site.

leiah said:
The water here is probably different from what she's used to. That could make a difference as well.

I have 2c/3a hair and I don't really use products that are any different from what type 4s here are using. Cheap products that have worked well for me are aussie 3 minute miracle and tresseme naturals. I cowash.

You're right. It could be the water. I think my hair was in better condition when I was over there.

Kinky4Agirl said:
What is the name of her shampoo from Africa? I can see if I can find it. I order from Africa all the time and it doesn't take any more time than it does to order from here. I order the African castor oil hair fertilizer and it comes from Africa not some chain in the U.S. You can also check the web for an african hair products site.

Not sure . I'll ask. I suspect she used a European brand that they have over there that we don't get here. Probably French, (former French colony)

shortdub78 said:
it maybe the water? i would try using a cleansing cream and a water filter for the shower. maybe she should try WEN?

i agree with the above! tell her to try cowashing with Tresemme Naturals. and use Herbal Essence moisturizer. the one that replaced the Long Term Relationship leave-in. i can't think of the name right now.

Thanks, I don't think she uses a leave in so I'll recommend that too.

Back