Can you all believe this!!!!

yea it is really cute and health is more important than length and she has some healthy hair no doubt.

It's just hair and it will grow back. Change is good...ain't nothing wrong w/ getting your hair cut. Sometimes people get tired of their hair being long.

Looks good to me. She seems pretty happy about it, plus I'm loving those highlights on her. I don't know about her donating that 15" to Locks of Love though...
Anywho, I like it. I just know that I won't be cutting any inches off my hair once it gets that long :lol:

To be honest, I stopped watching before the cut. I've never had hair that long and I knew it would hurt my feelings so I just couldn't watch. I'm a slow grower so I can't imagine letting all that go.

I love the new look but not too crazy about just dying the front half. It looks like they just got lazy lol. The color is fricken GORGEOUS!! I've been wanting to do something with my grass for a minute. I'm so focused on health and such that I'm just not enjoying it anymore. :nono: So I definitely understand the need for change.

Love her hair. She's a little ditzy to me though.

Not so sure about the highlights....

I started following her when she was highlighted on CN.com a few years ago. Her hair was kinda shortish then. It grew fast! It will be back long in no time.

I started watching her, when her hair was that length. She is a person who retains every inch. And it grows fast. It will be back. Plus she is so pretty, and her family is as well :yep:

Meh. She knows she doesn't have to wear it in an aftro that short and she can grow it back in about a year and a half without difficulty using simple wash 'n' goes that will take her 10 minutes and look great at every length back to butt length. Show me a girl with type 4 hair who took 4-5 years to grow her hair that long come on YouTube chopping it off just for the heck of it and I will be amazed. Her and girls like Maya are not impressing me with this mess. :ohwell:

Meh. She knows she doesn't have to wear it in an aftro that short and she can grow it back in about a year and a half without difficulty using simple wash 'n' goes that will take her 10 minutes and look great at every length back to butt length. Show me a girl with type 4 hair who took 4-5 years to grow her hair that long come on YouTube chopping it off just for the heck of it and I will be amazed. Her and girls like Maya are not impressing me with this mess. :ohwell:

Exactly! It's not impressive.

Whoissugar hair wasn't quite as long but she comes to mind...she's had like 3 BCs I believe http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XMw9zQ3fGNA

I stopped watching it, I can't watch people arbitrarily cutting off their hair for locks of love. I can't believe people don't do their research on that org before they donate, come on.
Next video: her complaining about how she's tired of short hair and blond highlights. SMH

THIS^^^^^^need I say more; oh, and let it be 4b/c at that, then I might blink an eye.

:lachen::lachen: trrrrrrrrrrruuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuueeeeeeeeeeeeee

I am growing my hair and seeing how slow it grows ain't no way in hell will I be chopping of 15 inches just like that:blush: Hell I don't even like dusting. Every cm counts GTHOH :lol:

In fact what she chopped off is longer that what I have on my head now. How dare she :nono:

I thought all hair grew a half an inch per month - why are people saying it will grow right back, so no big deal? If she was 4a, wouldn't it grow back just as fast? I thought this board was about erasing the myth that type 4 hair has a different growth rate, so I'm somewhat surprised by the responses...

Last edited:

^ This is so freaking true. Being a slow to normal grower + not have long mythical unicorn hair your entire life + having real shrinkage = chopping off your hair out of boredom is neither cute nor something you just do :rolleyes: . Yeah, I knew that cutting off that much hair would leave me with almost SL when curly, it really wouldn't be a big deal. If I cut off even 8 inches, my hair would shrink to twa all over again :ohwell:.

About the video,
I watch her videos and I think she is a hilarious and really sweet person who had gorgeous hair :look:. The color is hideous. I'm sorry, I really am, but her hair looked terrible when she bleached it when she was younger and it looks bad now. Her almost black hair was gorgeous. Imma need people to stop believing the hype that lighter hair looks good :nono:.

Although she didn't YouTube it or really publicize it @mwezdi comes to mind

I stopped watching it, I can't watch people arbitrarily cutting off their hair for locks of love. I can't believe people don't do their research on that org before they donate, come on.
Next video: her complaining about how she's tired of short hair and blond highlights. SMH

Lucia what did you mean about locks of love??? not that I would ever give my hair to anyone but just you know.

I thought all hair grew a half an inch per month - why are people saying it will grow right back, so no big deal? So, if she was 4a, wouldn't it grow back just as fast? I thought this board was about erasing the myth that type 4 hair has a different growth rate, so I'm somewhat surprised by the responses...

I don't know much about this girl but I'm pretty sure not ALL hair grows an inch per month. I think that's just the average, meaning some people grow faster and some grow slower. She might just grow hair at a faster rate than others or is rather exceptional at retaining. Idk.

I'll make the assumption that people with curlier/kinkier types of hair are generally less impressed with the accomplishments and doings of those with looser curl types, thus the reason why you see the responses you're seeing in this thread.

I thought all hair grew a half an inch per month - why are people saying it will grow right back, so no big deal? So, if she was 4a, wouldn't it grow back just as fast? I thought this board was about erasing the myth that type 4 hair has a different growth rate, so I'm somewhat surprised by the responses...
It has more to do with people feeling some kind of way about her looser curl pattern. All she did was cut her hair and dye it in a brassy colour and it's eliciting all kinds of responses. :lol: Dear LHCF, the girl didn't cut her hair to impress you so it really doesn't matter if you're impressed or not. Don't let your complexes over your own hair affect your feelings about other people's. :look: :lol:

Some of these comments sound like "She got that good hair and can do that".

Ding, ding, ding! When I used to lurk (circa 2007-08), I would see sentiments like that, but not recently. The more things change, the more they stay the same.

Last edited:
Back