can y'all talk about phytorelaxers????

DivaD04

i can't do lye relaxers...i realized that mizani...oh my goodness burns like there is no tommorow. i want to know what are your reviews on phyto and it's products following it? please chime in

Ya, lets talk about phyto relaxers. I am getting a relaxer (phyto relaxer) in a couple of weeks. I have been natural for a year a and 6 months...

Last edited:
I used Phyto for about 2 years and I ended going back to lye - I have a very sensitive scalp and lye relaxers used to burn me as well...I am using the Mizani Butter Blend Lye relaxer and I am not turning back...

When I started using Phyto Index 1 - my hair felt/looked great but over time - it started getting dryer and I would deep condish regularly with a moisturizing DC (2-3 times a week) - I let a professional stylist that was knowledgeable about Phytospecific/Phytologie lines. There are some who have great success with the relaxer in other threads - try doing a search for phytorelaxer or phytospecific

HTH

I used to use Phyto. I have always been a no-lyer. It's so gentle, but still pretty effective at straightening.

I stopped, though because it's just too expensive to keep up. I switched to Mizani, and now Affirm. I like both & if you go to the salon for a relaxer, most salons carry Mizani and Affirm. The few salons that do carry Phyto charge a grip.

I stretched my relaxer for 11 mths with intent to transition. I cut it short and relaxed with phyto. I love phyto! My hair has never been this healthy after a relaxer!

I used Phytorelaxer twice (the one for fine hair). It didn't get my hair straight like I like it. It appeared to be very gentle. Maybe good for texlaxers, or those who don't mind having to use heat to get a straighter look.

i was wondering...will it straighten 4b hair. or shall i say, will it straighten kinks as like it will with one with curls?

Lawd, I've been hearing so many good things about this stuff, I'm probably going to break down and buy it....

i can't do lye relaxers...i realized that mizani...oh my goodness burns like there is no tommorow. i want to know what are your reviews on phyto and it's products following it? please chime in

Hi Diva,
I use the butter blends and the first time it burned the crap out of me esp. my sides. I saw in a thread one user said she coat (base) her scalp the day before and the day of and I took her advice. I never burn and hair is alway silky afterwards.

i was wondering...will it straighten 4b hair. or shall i say, will it straighten kinks as like it will with one with curls?

I used Phytorelaxer last year after 7 years of being natural. I have very coarse, dense 4B hair and I LOVE it! I used Phytorelaxer Index II. Although the instructions say to leave it on for 25 minutes, I leave it on for 20 minutes and I put SAA and Jojoba oil in the mix. My hair still comes out pretty straight but not bone straight and that is the way I like it.

So, to answer your question, yes it will straighten 4B hair nicely.

Back