Can this mistake be corrected??....help!!

• Thread starter Thread starter Reslnt1
  • Start date Start date
R

Reslnt1

I bought henna and needed to use it today....i didn't have time to go to the site this morning in order to get mixing directions.....i knew that an acidic product was supposed to be used so I used ACV...with some AMLA oil......then i got on the site today and read threads that stated that the ACV would be too harsh.....i would like to use it tonight.....but only if this error can be fixed......someone please tell me it can and how. Thx

ACV, too harsh? I thought Catherine's instruction booklet said you could use ACV or Lemon Juice. :perplexed

If you got your Henna from HennaHair.com, have you tried emailing Catherine to ask if your mix can be corrected?

How much ACV did you use? As long as you didn't put too much in the mix you should be fine.

Wonderwoman.... Catherine House???? do you mean the author

MW138....about half a bottle of ACV with about 1/2 bottle of Amla oil....:blush:

Wonderwoman.... Catherine House???? do you mean the author

MW138....about half a bottle of ACV with about 1/2 bottle of Amla oil....:blush:

I'm afraid that is a little too much. I only use a cap-full of ACV (maybe a teaspoon) in my entire mixture. That amount of ACV might be too harsh on your hair.

Did you mix all of the henna? If not, maybe you can the rest to your mix, add more water and amla oil, use some and then freeze the rest. That way the the acv wouldn't be so harsh.

-or-

Add lots of a light conditioner, use some and then freeze the rest. It'll be more like a henna gloss. (You can also add lots of plain or vanilla yogurt instead of a light conditioner.)

Hopefully one of the henna experts will post better alternatives.

I think it can be "fixed" by adding more warm water to dilute the ACV which sounds like you used way too much.

I don't use any acid in my henna. I just mix henna with warm water until I have a nice thick warm mud and let sit at least 6 hours and color release is find. The so called acid is only if you want the color to release immediately, like within 1 hour or so, but if you have time to let it sit then no acid is needed. Some even say you don't need for instant release, that release occurs anyway with warm water. Period. Check out "The Henna Thread" at www.longhaircommunity.com which is predominantly caucasian and they discuss same henna issues as on this board and some ladies there mix their henna with warm water, wait 45 minutes and apply and they get gorgeous color. It was that board that led to simplify my mix.

I also don't put any oils or terps or condish or honey or whatever in my henna mixes. Just warm water and it comes out Bling Bling every time. I DO use a deep moisturizing condish afterwards and that's where I put all the extra oils and things, but my henna mix is simply pure henna and water.

I've been a henna girl now for over a year and I've used all kinds of henna, my first was that waay too expensive henna from Catherine's site which was great and informative and all, but her henna is just too expensive, knowing what I know now. I wised up and started ordering from www.fromnaturewithlove.com where the stuff is like 1lb (450grams) for $6.95 and it is just as good as any. I've also used brands from local indian stores (hesh, reshma, karishma, etc.) 100grams for $1.99 and its all been good. . . .

thank u so much....yes i did use the whole box but i think i will still go with your second suggestion.

Did you mix all of the henna? If not, maybe you can the rest to your mix, add more water and amla oil, use some and then freeze the rest. That way the the acv wouldn't be so harsh.

-or-

Add lots of a light conditioner, use some and then freeze the rest. It'll be more like a henna gloss. (You can also add lots of plain or vanilla yogurt instead of a light conditioner.)

Hopefully one of the henna experts will post better alternatives.

Neroli,
this is exactly what i was looking for.....i am so happy that all is not lost......do you think that i could add coconut milk as opposed to water to dilute it some and counter the acidity or should i just stick to water...i only ask b/c the water in DC is horrible and I would have to run to the store and go purchase a gallon

I think it can be "fixed" by adding more warm water to dilute the ACV which sounds like you used way too much.

I don't use any acid in my henna. I just mix henna with warm water until I have a nice thick warm mud and let sit at least 6 hours and color release is find. The so called acid is only if you want the color to release immediately, like within 1 hour or so, but if you have time to let it sit then no acid is needed. Some even say you don't need for instant release, that release occurs anyway with warm water. Period. Check out "The Henna Thread" at www.longhaircommunity.com which is predominantly caucasian and they discuss same henna issues as on this board and some ladies there mix their henna with warm water, wait 45 minutes and apply and they get gorgeous color. It was that board that led to simplify my mix.

I also don't put any oils or terps or condish or honey or whatever in my henna mixes. Just warm water and it comes out Bling Bling every time. I DO use a deep moisturizing condish afterwards and that's where I put all the extra oils and things, but my henna mix is simply pure henna and water.

I've been a henna girl now for over a year and I've used all kinds of henna, my first was that waay too expensive henna from Catherine's site which was great and informative and all, but her henna is just too expensive, knowing what I know now. I wised up and started ordering from www.fromnaturewithlove.com where the stuff is like 1lb (450grams) for $6.95 and it is just as good as any. I've also used brands from local indian stores (hesh, reshma, karishma, etc.) 100grams for $1.99 and its all been good. . . .

I bought henna and needed to use it today....i didn't have time to go to the site this morning in order to get mixing directions.....i knew that an acidic product was supposed to be used so I used ACV...with some AMLA oil......then i got on the site today and read threads that stated that the ACV would be too harsh.....i would like to use it tonight.....but only if this error can be fixed......someone please tell me it can and how. Thx

I personally don't use AVC only oils and condish (or yogurt). ACV made my hair hard when I used it. I'd add more water, condish or yogurt to soften things.

Neroli,
this is exactly what i was looking for.....i am so happy that all is not lost......do you think that i could add coconut milk as opposed to water to dilute it some and counter the acidity or should i just stick to water...i only ask b/c the water in DC is horrible and I would have to run to the store and go purchase a gallon

I've not used coconut milk in henna mix so I'm not sure. I like to keep it simple myself and not complicate the mix too much. Plain ole water will definately dilute the acid without adding or subtracting anything. Perhaps boil some tap water to "purify" and let it cool down to very warm and then use? Its the easiest, simpliest and least confusing . . .

Thanks a bunch.....

I've not used coconut milk in henna mix so I'm not sure. I like to keep it simple myself and not complicate the mix too much. Plain ole water will definately dilute the acid without adding or subtracting anything. Perhaps boil some tap water to "purify" and let it cool down to very warm and then use? Its the easiest, simpliest and least confusing . . .

Back