Can I Wait To Trim My Hair

kim1006

My hair was last trimmed/corrective cut in March and I am wondering if it is time to trim again. Here is the condition of my hair: no split ends, back is really healthy, short pieces in front around hairline due to previous over processing at salon. I used to be obsessed with blunt even hair when I wore straight hair. However, I now favor waving, curly hairstyles since I began transitioning - Curlformers, flexi rods or braid outs with no direct heat. My preference is to wait a year before I trim again but wanted to get the opinions of others. TIA

If it is behaving and the ends look good, why cut? I usually just put my hair in Twist and if the ends look a bit straggely then I'll cut.
Thank you for your reply. I am used to keeping my hair straight and blunt. Now that I wear it in waving/curly styles and maintain at home, I am like a fish out of water when it comes to trims. I never had a trim schedule. My stylist or I would decide when I needed a trim.

Last edited:
If you wear it curly I would leave it alone. If you start to get a lot of breakage, shedding, ssk's, tangles or knots when curly then I would trim. I've only trimmed my hair twice this year and only do it when my hair needs it.

If you wear it curly I would leave it alone. If you start to get a lot of breakage, shedding, ssk's, tangles or knots when curly then I would trim. I've only trimmed my hair twice this year and only do it when my hair needs it.
Thank you. I am going to leave it alone.

I'm pro trim. An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure. Plus even ends make a world of difference in how good your hair looks. I've found this to be true even when my hair is in it's natural state and I'm wearing an out style.

Back