Can I use Mega-Tek as a leave in on my scalp?

Blue_Berry

I plan on buying some Mega-Tek for my hair. Can I use it as a daily leave in for my scalp? I plan on adding coconut oil and peppermint oil too it. Will the oils have bad effects on my hair?

I first used it mixed wth grease and I saw ok results, but most recently, I applied it directly to my scalp and then I oil my scalp with the grease mix to get rid of the "white" color of the mega tek on my hiar. I got much better results with applying directly with no side effects...I also cut back on the weekly protein to help with combat the shedding...so far so good.:grin:

I use Mega-Tek as a leave-in on both scalp and hair. As long as you put water and oil on top of it you should not have dryness.

As a leavein/growth aid I apply to scalp and I've never had a problem.

I use it on my hair as a protein treatment.

I mix my mega-tek with hair moisturizer in an applicator bottle and put it on my scalp everyday and I haven't had any side effects. FYI I've been doing this since March

Thank you for bringing up this product. You learn something new on LHCF everyday. I googled it and it looked like a product for horses, but as I did further research, I saw that it can be used on human hair also. I may try this out. :yep:

Thank you for bringing up this product. You learn something new on LHCF everyday. I googled it and it looked like a product for horses, but as I did further research, I saw that it can be used on human hair also. I may try this out. :yep:

I know sometimes the search feature doesn't work that great on here, but MT has been discussed a lot on this board. There was actually an MT challenge on the board last year. It was pretty big. A lot of ladies said they got decent growth from it. :yep:

Yup I use a mix of MT, tea tree, auryvedic, and EVCO oils on my scalp every other day. I take a garlic supp daily to combat shedding

Back