Can I use aphogee (6wk kind) on individual braids

NYRICAN1

I am 15 weeks post relaxer and wear my hair in 11 box braids in the back and 4 in the front of my hair. (I wear a half wig in the back and just undo the braids doing the week for work and tie down with a scarf) I currently just cowash my braids to prevent tangling (which has helped me not lose excessive hair). I cowashed 3 days before without putting hair in sections and I had tangles like u would not believe. I want to relax by my 17th week so I am trying to prepare my hair. Can I do the aphogee in the box braids ? Also I wanted to find out if I should clarify before aphogee . My regimen :

every 3 days
-cw with cholestorel (30 min) and rinse in shower
-add kids organic shea butter

daily
-scurl on new growth twice a day

weekly
-prepoo with oils for one hour
-dc with ors replenishing pak

I was thinking of clarifying but don't know when I should.

Suggestions please

I would not do that.

It would get all up in the braids and hard and all.

Nah. There are other options I think that would be good for you.

Maybe you can use the Apohgee Keratin Spray or the CHI Keratin mist. At least those are leave-ins.

You could saturate your braids and cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for a bit. I thin kthey both work better with heat so sitting under the dryer may make them penetrate better.

But the hardening Aphogee :nono: I would be afraid to have that stuff harden on my hair while in braids.

I would not do that.

It would get all up in the braids and hard and all.

Nah. There are other options I think that would be good for you.

Maybe you can use the Apohgee Keratin Spray or the CHI Keratin mist. At least those are leave-ins.

You could saturate your braids and cover with a plastic cap and sit under the dryer for a bit. I thin kthey both work better with heat so sitting under the dryer may make them penetrate better.

But the hardening Aphogee :nono: I would be afraid to have that stuff harden on my hair while in braids.

I would be scared too...If you dont get all of it out you may run into a big problem when its time to take down the braids..

good looking out girls :grouphug:.

So I will try the Aphogee Keratin spray. How about the clarifying do you guys think it is okay? The individual braids are just with my own hair no extensions.

Do you guys think the 2 minute reconstructor would be okay since it does not get hard?

i did and do it work good on my own real braids i do it all the time nothing happend it got hard and i wash it out and deep con and moisturizer all my braids are individual it worked for me:yep: i also clarify like this too. i use suave cause it less drying i deep con and every thing in braids i just tight up the ones that come lose,when i use the aphogee i dont touch it when i let it dry hard by useing my handheld dryer i been doing this over 6 months. but like i said it works for me no lost hair or matting knot or nothing , :yep:but may be it works for me cause my hair is shoulder in the back and cheek on the sides:perplexed:perplexedand i RINSE VERY GOOD NOTHING IS LEFT IN THEM BRAIDS:blush::grin: MY HAIR IS KIND OF THIN SO MAY BE THAT WHY IT WORKS FOR ME AND I HAVE THEM ALL OVER MY HEAD:lachen:

Last edited:
Hi NYRICAN1! I am 19 weeks post relaxer and yesterday I clarified and applied the ApHogee treatment. I usually wear braids to wash, but for this purpose I left my hair loose.

Whether you proceed with this treatment in/out of braids really depends on the length of your hair. I suggest that if you are SL or beyond that you don't do it in braids, otherwise it should work out fine.

I love Aphogee and use it regularly- but it makes your hair hard enough to break-
Try a different light protein. Aphogee will still be around and will be GREAT when your hair is out of braids.

Back