Can I make a hair/family rant/vent?

doriannc

Soo, my mom got a micro-braid weave about 8 weeks ago. I told her that I would come and wash her hair for her since her right arm was still hurting from a car accident a few months ago. She got the weave b/c she thought it would be low maintenance especially since she is getting surgery on her arm in a few weeks. Well, instead of calling me to come and wash her hair, she washes it, over the tub nevertheless. :nono: she had pile all the hair up on top of her head and shampooed it like that. So needless to say, her hair was matted. It was like a bird's nest for big bird.

I told her, "you don't wash long hair like that!"
She said,"Now you tell me. You didn't come over like you said you would." :ohwell:

we tried to loosen the matting by deep conditioning, but it wasn't budging. I suggested cutting it off, but she stated since it was my fault that I didn't warn her, I need to: call the girl who put them in, get some new weave, drive her 2 hrs for her to get it done TODAY!!!I told her what I could do, take out the braids, put a set on her hair.

My mother was crying/sulking all day yesterday. She called and told everyone that I made her hair look like that. I finally persuaded my mom to cut off the bad parts of the weave and today I, even though I didn't get to take out all the braids, I put her hair up in a nice bun to camouflage the damage. Of course my mother hated that style. She was still crying as she went to work. :nono:.
I can't perform miracles, but at least I tried. My mom thinks I'm sabotaging her in some way, but I wasn't. The only help she wanted from me, was to do things her way and that was not feasible at the time. GRRR. Hopefully I didn't ramble too much. I'm just really frustrated now.

oh and do people always talk smack about your hair only to ask if you will do theirs?

:rosebud:Sorry about her reaction, but I think you handled the situation really well.:yep: Keep loving her no matter what:grin:

Back