Can I have some pics of 12 month BCers

Chameleonchick

If you BC'd at 12-13 months post relaxer can you post a pic of your hair after the chop please? I would greatly appreciate it.:yep:

Here is it on the day of the BC (twistout):

IMG_1470-vi.jpg

Here it is like 2 -3 weeks later (wash n go):

IMG_1633_crop-vi.jpg

IMG_1670-vi.jpg

My hair was only about 4.5 inches when I BC'd. I cut off more than I needed to and I had slow growth for a couple of months last year because I was ill. It's growing like weed now though! :)

Right after BC

curly:
10cp63r.jpg

straight:

2127pci.jpg

rollerset:

10dbh2d.jpg

And not to discourage anything--but 6 inches of natural hair with shrinkage looked like 3 inches of hair. haha After I BC'd, I'd kinda wished I'd gone to at least 18 months post, because it wasn't as much hair as I'd thought it would be.

Last edited:
Stay away from them!!! :lachen: I don't look at BC videos often... I spend time looking at hairstyles that can be achieved with 18 months of growth :yep:

Make sure you think long and hard about it. I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you :grin: Keep me updated, ok?

I don't know...Yesterday I looked at I don't know how many big chop videos.:spinning:

Stay away from them!!! :lachen: I don't look at BC videos often... I spend time looking at hairstyles that can be achieved with 18 months of growth :yep:

Make sure you think long and hard about it. I'm sure you'll make the right decision for you :grin: Keep me updated, ok?

:lachen: I will keep you updated.

Right after BC

And not to discourage anything--but 6 inches of natural hair with shrinkage looked like 3 inches of hair. haha After I BC'd, I'd kinda wished I'd gone to at least 18 months post, because it wasn't as much hair as I'd thought it would be.

That's a good point. I know I want some hair, so I'm gonna try to hang in between 18-24 mo. We'll see how things go.

Nikstar your hair is just gorgeous! Your son is so cute in your avatar

I bc'd at 10 months but I'm attaching a picture of my hair at 12 months so you can get an idea. And by the way, Nikstar is right, 12 months worth of growth is about 6 inches of hair. You have to factor in shrinkage.

Attachments

• Dsc03834.jpg
    Dsc03834.jpg
    97.4 KB · Views: 72
  • Dsc03881.jpg
    Dsc03881.jpg
    49.4 KB · Views: 53
  • ponypuff.jpg
    ponypuff.jpg
    68 KB · Views: 64
Nikstar your hair is just gorgeous! Your son is so cute in your avatar

I bc'd at 10 months but I'm attaching a picture of my hair at 12 months so you can get an idea. And by the way, Nikstar is right, 12 months worth of growth is about 6 inches of hair. You have to factor in shrinkage.

Thanks! He's the reason I got so much growth after my BC! :D

p_00161.jpg

right after BC

DSCN0125-vi.jpg

3 months after BCing

my hair shrinks so much it generally looks the same now, lol.

I Bc'd a day after my 14th month (I caved in, I wanted to make 18)

This is back in March when I Bc'd
bc2-vi.jpg

Combed out to show length
2003P1030412-vi.jpg

Compared to combed out in Sept
P1040383-vi.jpg

I have loads more pics in my fotki (if those posted right!?)

I Bc'd a day after my 14th month (I caved in, I wanted to make 18)

This is back in March when I Bc'd
bc2-vi.jpg

Combed out to show length
2003P1030412-vi.jpg

Compared to combed out in Sept
P1040383-vi.jpg

I have loads more pics in my fotki (if those posted right!?)

Okay I finally figured out you have to be logged in as a member of fotki to see your pics. I kept wondering why it was saying the folders were empty. Now I gotta remember other fotkis I have visited that were the same :lachen:.

I grew mine out from a fade - pic in sign, 14 months - but not that much difference in 2 months.....

I BC'd at almost 12 months...more like 11 and some change lol

I had to guesstimate the date of my last relaxer b/c I didn't necessarily set out to go natural at that point.

But, I felt like it was great length to work with. I can do puffs, but not ponytails - my layered hair causes my curls to jump right back out where its the shortest in the front. They aren't having it :lachen:.

I could "catch" the back, but it wasn't worth the literal stress to my head.

So here's about 11 months of growth for me - I hope I can continue to get this much retention!

Attachments

• SDC11168.JPG
    SDC11168.JPG
    68.5 KB · Views: 48
  • SDC11180.JPG
    SDC11180.JPG
    61.4 KB · Views: 43
  • SDC11173.JPG
    SDC11173.JPG
    70.3 KB · Views: 39
I love this thread! I didn't really "decide" to go natural, I just wore braids a lot and when I thought about it, it had been a year since I last had a relaxer. So I just said I wasn't gonna do it anymore. The epiphany happened when I washed my hair after taking the braids out and loving the way it looked naturally curly. I get my ends clipped, I try to do it regularly...., but I haven't just done a big chop.

I have a question though, can someone point me in the direction of where I can find all the terms you ladies are using?!

Back