Can I get this red color without going permanent?

CandiedLipgloss

All advice welcome. I really would like to get this color red, but I DO NOT want it to be a permanent color. I just grew out a honey blonde color from the front half of my hair, my ends were brittle and frayed months later. I lost a lot of length due to this. My hair is natural .

Ok, it can be permanent, if there is a better dye than the Textures and Tones that dried and frayed my hair to no end. I took great care of my hair, and did all the extras when you have a color in, but months later it literally started to look a mess to me. :lol:

Is there anyway for me to get this color without causing damage, semi permanent or anything else? My hair is dark brown, and Jazzings and such never take. Thanks

NIniWl.jpg

0G4TJ.jpg

9KvGc.gif

LVIdW.gif

It doesn't need to be permanent if your hair is naturally light enough to show a vibrant red because semi-permanent color only deposits the color on top of the hair strand. If your hair is dark then the red won't show up well.

A good permanent hait color brand is L'oreal Hicolor for dark hair. They have a line of vibrant reds and browns that are beautiful. Red permanent hair color is the hardest to maintain because it fades fast. Just something to consider.

Adriane Grande from what I recall has to retouch the colour every two weeks but she doesn't need to use bleach which is nice. The upkeep of red is pretty tough as it fades incredibly fast.

No you cannot get that color with anything but permanent hair color and I'm afraid if you hair is dark you would have to use a high developer like 30 or 40 volume.

I would recommend L'Oreal Excellence HiColor cream color, they sell it at Sallys. Its for people with dark hair who want vibrant colors without the use of bleach. I find cream color to leave the hair in better condition and be more true to the color.

Look through the sample book first in the store. I would reccomend a color that just says red. Coppers have orange in them and won't be as light as red alone. If you are going to do it on your whole head I would recommend that you do a strand test first to see how you like it.

Here are some from the website:
http://www.sallybeauty.com/hair-dye...00-0762-d74b8f-c2fa-997ae72f101a&cm_vc=MYBUYS

http://www.sallybeauty.com/red-hili...00-0762-d74b8f-c2fa-997ae72f101a&cm_vc=MYBUYS

Also know that red is a color that fades the fastest because of the size of the molecules. So if you pick and color and like it, I would just retouch the roots with permanent and use a matching semi-permanent whenever necessary to refresh teh color.

Ugh I love/hate red hair color. It's beautiful but hell to keep up. I love manic panic vampire red. It colors dark hair nicely with no bleach. I always use it for red hair, but its sooooooo messy and it gets every where. That color is singing to my hair, but I can't commit to the mess.

red3-vi.jpg

red1-vi.jpg

Here is another member that used the same product on unbleached hair.

Ugh I love/hate red hair color. It's beautiful but hell to keep up. I love manic panic vampire red. It colors dark hair nicely with no bleach. I always use it for red hair, but its sooooooo messy and it gets every where. That color is singing to my hair, but I can't commit to the mess.

View attachment 174419

View attachment 174421

Here is another member that used the same product on unbleached hair.

That color looks great on you.

I've been a red head since my BC last year and I love it. At first I used Silk Elements in Jazzy Red (if I remember correctly) and it didn't last. Once my hair turned a caramel color after the initial red color faded, I put Manic Panic in Wildfire on top and LOVED it!

This is how it looked after a few washes and it started to fade a little

420628_10150753131082195_287813195_n.jpg

After a few months, I started to get the itch again to dye after the color completely faded and I was back caramel. I used this:

1000947_751861_A_400.jpg

I've always had good luck with this line of color before and this was no different. Here is my before and after with this color:

561975_10151285016547195_82296164_n.jpg

Even after all the dying I've done, my hair is completely healthy and still thriving as if I never dyed it. You just have to remember to keep that protein and moisture balance in check. DC for a few hours after the dye. HTH

I'm struggling with this myself...

I used a dye with a developer but I can't get the deposit right... I had the same hair inspiration in mind too, I may try again. I'm naturally a #8 (sandy ash brown)

Sent from my Exxotical iPhone using LHCF

NikkiQ

What DC and protein treatment do you use on your since to keep it in balance? How long does the red colour last for you?

I have previously hennaed hair so I'm not sure how red would turn out on me.

@NikkiQ

What DC and protein treatment do you use on your since to keep it in balance? How long does the red colour last for you?

I have previously hennaed hair so I'm not sure how red would turn out on me.

Fhrizzball I use Aphogee 2min protein treatment every 4-6 weeks and I DC with a mix of Lustrasilk cholesterol, Silk Elements MegaSilk moisturizing treatment, and Curl Junkie Curl Rehab.

I dyed my hair this past September and the color in my avi is the color it is now so it's still vibrant. Very little fading so far.

Back