Can I cellophane my own hair??? Please help!

lovelymissyoli

Is it possible to do cellophanes at home or do you have to be a stylist to handle these types of colors? Also, are cellophanes and rinses the same thing? I’m interested in getting my hair cellophaned but I don’t want to go to a salon to get it done and have them charge me a ridiculous amount of money just for color since I don’t want it styled or any heat added to it. If any of you color experts could help and let me know where I can buy cellophane at and maybe suggest what color might look great I would really appreciate it.

Yes, you can do it at home but it's very messy.
Cellophane is a rinse.
I don't know where u can buy it online. I ususally buy mine in a local store in my area.

Thanks Miosy. Are there any particular brands that are really good? I don't know if I should do it on my own or leave it to a professional...

You can also order Sebastian's Colorshines via internet. There are a few different sites to order it from. The cost is about $25.00 per bottle.

Thank You ladies for your help! I think I'm going to leave it up to a professional since I just got a good deal at my salon. The stylist told me it costs $25 to get my hair cellophaned but if I come in on a Tuesday or Thursday I can get it done for $15.00 since those days are $10 off specials. I'll be sure to post pics once I get my color...which will most likely be a bronze.

If i can do a cellophane anyone can..I am hairstyling challenged and i did it easily. It is messy so you should use gloves...but other than that its like applying alot of conditioner and combing through. You will save money doing it yourself. You can spend $20.00 and get a bottle that will last you a long time.

[ QUOTE ]
I have also seen them in beauty supply stores.

[/ QUOTE ]

I've been looking in the BSS in ATL and I can't find it. But I'm going home to DC for the holidays, so I can buy it there. I won't use it until sometime next year, but I'll be ready. Oh, goody, goody. /images/graemlins/trampoline.gif So where should I go ladies to buy it? Thanks.

Back