Can I build up my moisture levels in my hair? I have natural 4b

Lute

Good evening ladies.

I wanted to know if I can build up the moisture levels in my hair, to make it much more softer. I just started co-washing with twists for almost a week. So I kinda cant tell if its really working. Also I was informed if I used Roux Porosity Control, it will help with my moisture levels. Would I need to use multiple times like a co-wash or is it a one time only deal.

Also how can i tell if my hair is really moisturized.

Bumping for you....

I think Roux Porosity Control should be used after every wash to reinforce cuticle straightness.

Deep conditioning 2 or more times a week has raised my moisture level. Regular co-washing raises the moisture level, too. The key to raising and maintaining the moisture level in your hair is being consistent with your regime.

FYI...if your hair is having porsity issuses then it won't matter what you do or how often because your hair will not retain moisture until you fix the porsity. Roux porsity control is a good product for that.

Also how can i tell if my hair is really moisturized.

I believe that when your hair is moisturized it will feel soft to touch. For my 4B hair, DCing once a week and baggying every night seems to keep it moisturized even without any products being applied.

When wearing it out, S Curl is the only styling/moisturizing product I use to provide slip when I comb my hair. I apply it only on wash day and baggy nightly and my hair stays moisturized until wash day.

I don't have 4b hair but i can tell u that my hair was having serious trouble with moisture retention until i found Roux. I use it once a week to keep my porosity levels in check. Its a great investment because before it, my hair would refuse to hold moisture.

Back