Can anyone in the NY area recommend a good stylist and /or salon for natural 4b Hair?

Meli

Okay....I am soooooo in need of a good stylist and salon for July 4, 2007 in the NY area (manhattan, queens, brooklyn, long island). I am getting married and my hair is 4b-4z :) Naturaaaal. I currently wear my hair in a twist. I don't mind temporarily straightening it for that day and doing an updo. But, I need someone that will not be rough on my hair and cause me to lose a lot of hair because they don't have the patience and knowledge in working with 4b natural hair. When pulled, my hair in the back reaches my collar bone, while my hair on the sides reach my jaw ( past my ear). Any recommendations? I see a lot of hairdressers but I am petrified. No one has touched my hair for over a year, but I cannot do my hair for my own wedding. In addition, the salons that I have gone to told me that I would have to straghten my hair myself and then they would work on my hair.

I can't help with the hairdresser that's well equipped to do natural 4b hair, because I'm also a 4a with some 4b's and I ain't never find one, but someone would come in with some suggestions I'm sure, but congratulations on your wedding:)

I feel comfortable recommending Anthony Dickey

http://www.hairrules.com

He is very knowledgeable and specializes in handling various textures of hair. I had a great experience with him a couple of weeks ago.

Last edited:
so1913 said:
I feel comfortable recommending Anthony Dickey

http://www.hairrules.com

He is very knowledgeable and specializes in handling various textures of hair. I had a great experience with him a couple of weeks ago.

Thanks for the info...but Hair Rules will not be able to come out to my house on that day and I definitely cannot make the trip out to them that day.

guesswho said:
I can't help with the hairdresser that's well equipped to do natural 4b hair, because I'm also a 4a with some 4b's and I ain't never find one, but someone would come in with some suggestions I'm sure, but congratulations on your wedding:)

Thanks....but I really got to get my hairstyle right for that day....

Do you have to straighten it that day? There are many natural salons in NYC that can give you a gorgeous style with your natural texture for your wedding day.

Back