Camille Rose Naturals Users I Have Some Questions

Yes I'm a mixture of 3c/4a. Mostly 4a. My hair is cottony I'm also low po.
:laugh: She was quoting you and I replied. Apologies!

You know. I don't know what the heck I expected to achieve by using the clay. LOL I just see so many people talking about it I figured that it would do something for me and I would know when I saw it. Just like with aloe vera juice. So many talk about it but I see no difference in my hair at all. no clue what this stuff is supposed to do but everyone swears by it.
Lol I know exactly what you mean. I had a similar experience with AVJ. It didn't do anything for my hair. The whole leave juice even made it hard.
For me clay defines my curls visibly and reduces the frizz. You might need to finger comb or shingle a bit with it on, in order to get it to define your curls.

Lol I know exactly what you mean. I had a similar experience with AVJ. It didn't do anything for my hair. The whole leave juice even made it hard.
For me clay defines my curls visibly and reduces the frizz. You might need to finger comb or shingle a bit with it on, in order to get it to define your curls.
No problem. I'm sure all the answers will be helpful.

I'm going to try again this wknd and use the shinglong method although I think that frizzes my hair. I'm going to-do half shingle half rake to figure it out. I'm new to this completely natural hair thing so still trying to get my method right.

I'm going to try again this wknd and use the shinglong method although I think that frizzes my hair. I'm going to-do half shingle half rake to figure it out. I'm new to this completely natural hair thing so still trying to get my method right.
Good luck dear! Plz keep us posted!

I liked the Curl Maker when I was natural (transitioning now), I'd say I liked it most for my wet slicked back buns. It gave my hair sheen and made my waves pop. It's cool also for a twist out b/c it gives hold. The product that I absolutely adored from them was the Fresh Curl before she changed the formula. I've gone through bottles of that stuff before she changed it. I even emailed them :nono:. The newer version didn't melt in my hair as easily and soak in, just a different product.

I liked the Curl Maker when I was natural (transitioning now), I'd say I liked it most for my wet slicked back buns. It gave my hair sheen and made my waves pop. It's cool also for a twist out b/c it gives hold. The product that I absolutely adored from them was the Fresh Curl before she changed the formula. I've gone through bottles of that stuff before she changed it. I even emailed them :nono:. The newer version didn't melt in my hair as easily and soak in, just a different product.
How did u use the fresh curl? Was it a leave in.

Don't use much from this line very much any more but in the past I liked (in no particular order):

Ajani Growth Balm
Algae Seaweed Hair Masque
Moroccan Pear & Argan Conditioning Custard
Jai Almond and the Curlaide
Janzyn R/O Conditioner

This BF I did buy x2 of the Lavender Silkening Spritz. (have not tried it yet tho')

Don't use much from this line very much any more but in the past I liked (in no particular order):

Ajani Growth Balm
Algae Seaweed Hair Masque
Moroccan Pear & Argan Conditioning Custard
Jai Almond and the Curlaide
Janzyn R/O Conditioner

This BF I did buy x2 of the Lavender Silkening Spritz. (have not tried it yet tho')
How did you use the curlaide? I also wanted to try the spritz but wanted some reviews on it first. I was using the APB refresher spray but I find it dries my hair out.

I use almost everything you have mentioned except the clarifier and cowash. I also like fresh curl for anti frizz and Moroccan pear for pre pooing or post poo conditioning.

I use almost everything you have mentioned except the clarifier and cowash. I also like fresh curl for anti frizz and Moroccan pear for pre pooing or post poo conditioning.
Really? Have you tried the spritzer? Do you know the difference between almond jai, curlaide and aloe whipped gel?

Really? Have you tried the spritzer? Do you know the difference between almond jai, curlaide and aloe whipped gel?

I didn’t know they had a spritzer. Link? Couldn’t find it on site.

ETA curlaide is for Moisture not for styling. Almond J’ai is for twisting and I would use with Curl maker? Aloe Whipped butter gel can be used for anything doesn’t need gel.

How did you use the curlaide? I also wanted to try the spritz but wanted some reviews on it first. I was using the APB refresher spray but I find it dries my hair out.
@DST1913
I was using it as a Butter. I really didn't see too much difference between that and the Jai'. I liked them both.:yep:

I didn’t know they had a spritzer. Link? Couldn’t find it on site.

ETA curlaide is for Moisture not for styling. Almond J’ai is for twisting and I would use with Curl maker? Aloe Whipped butter gel can be used for anything doesn’t need gel.
Oh I couldn't figure out what in the world curlaide was for. Thanks. I tried the butter same as curlmaker and got good results. here is a link to the spritzer
https://www.camillerosenaturals.com...nglers/products/lavender-shaken-hair-spritzer

You know you can use the products any way you wish. Results vary by hair type and Time of year.
Yes I know but to save my wallet I wanted to determine what each is normally used for to see why I may need it. For instance I already know I wasted money on the curlaide. No purpose for me since I also have almond jai and moisture milk

Last edited:
Yes I know but to save my wallet I wanted to determine what each is normally used for to see why I may need it. For instance I already know I wasted money on the curlaide. No purpose for me since I also have almond jai and moisture milk
Just use it up! No waste!

Unless something matts or strips my hair I always find a use for it.

Thank you! I will be eager to read your review on the Creme Restore and the Algae Renew.
I do not use the Caramel Cowash as an actual cowash because I find it a bit stripping. I am more into using it as a leave-in or a curl-defining agent. But then my hair is naturally dry and very sensitive to anything stripping. I rarely shampoo. I use Herbal Essences Bee Strong conditioner as my main washing agent and my hair loves it. I even oil rinse before using it so you can imagine what my hair is like :laugh: That's why I am interested in the Creme Restore, hoping that it will be both cleansing and moisturizing.
MAD curls said great things about it in this video

As @Coilystep has said SOTC is scrunching out the crunch. This means compressing your hair with your hands to break the gel cast. Classically it's done vertically from below to above like the motion you do when you want to apply the Squish to Condish technique or when you are pixie diffusing. But I find that this makes my curls frizzy so I either compress it horizontally or twist a big chuck of hair around its axis.
It breaks the gel cast, makes the hair soft to the touch and bouncy and gives it more volume.

Here is a photo of my hair with dry gel cast on it, which typically makes the hair stringy and hard:

View attachment 423707

And hair after SOTCing:

View attachment 423715

These photos were before I started transitioning from texlaxed, big chopped a part of my hair and lost most of the rest to hair thinning and breakage :laugh:

ok giving an update. I tried the conditioning cleanser and wanted to give a review.

Cons
  • Coconut is a main ingredient. Smells heavily of coconut. My hair doesn't really like coconut but it seemed to be OK in here
  • Didn't give slip and detangle like the tressamme botanicals. I could put that stuff in my hair and barely need to finger detangle
Pros
  • Gave me more curl definition after washing. didn't think that was possible with a cowash
  • My hair felt cleaner than when I use tressamme. I felt that some of the previous product used were actually washed away
  • My hair is 4c but for some reason I have a small patch of 4z in the back that no matter what doesn't curl or ever soften (its like my ancestors were like nope u not gonna be great we giving you a reminder of what it was like when we had no products. lol). It actually felt soft for the first time.
I'm going to continue to use this to see how the results are long term. I haven't used the clarifying shampoo yet. will use this weekend. I have concerns about it because I didn't know it was heavy with peppermint. I had a really bad scalp itching thing with peppermint oil. Hoping this doesn't give the same reaction.

Also, for curl definition I found that if I mix the curl maker and the whipped gel together it makes really soft defined curls. These will be a staple used together

ok giving an update. I tried the conditioning cleanser and wanted to give a review.

Cons
  • Coconut is a main ingredient. Smells heavily of coconut. My hair doesn't really like coconut but it seemed to be OK in here
  • Didn't give slip and detangle like the tressamme botanicals. I could put that stuff in my hair and barely need to finger detangle
Pros
  • Gave me more curl definition after washing. didn't think that was possible with a cowash
  • My hair felt cleaner than when I use tressamme. I felt that some of the previous product used were actually washed away
  • My hair is 4c but for some reason I have a small patch of 4z in the back that no matter what doesn't curl or ever soften (its like my ancestors were like nope u not gonna be great we giving you a reminder of what it was like when we had no products. lol). It actually felt soft for the first time.
I'm going to continue to use this to see how the results are long term. I haven't used the clarifying shampoo yet. will use this weekend. I have concerns about it because I didn't know it was heavy with peppermint. I had a really bad scalp itching thing with peppermint oil. Hoping this doesn't give the same reaction.

Also, for curl definition I found that if I mix the curl maker and the whipped gel together it makes really soft defined curls. These will be a staple used together

aahhhhh this is a good combo. I'm assuming the two blend well together and doesn't make balls?

Cons
Pros

This is such a great review! Thank you very much!

So regarding the cowash, did you find that the slip is mediocre or it actually tends to tangle up the hair? Too stripping stuff tends to make my hair tangle up. If Creme Restore is as defining as the caramel cowash without the stripping, I'll definitely want to use it in its place.
I'm forever looking for something that truly cleanses without stripping. If it's also defining then that's a huge bonus. And I like the coconut smell too!

So regarding the cowash, did you find that the slip is mediocre or it actually tends to tangle up the hair? Too stripping stuff tends to make my hair tangle up. If Creme Restore is as defining as the caramel cowash without the stripping, I'll definitely want to use it in its place.
I'm forever looking for something that truly cleanses without stripping. If it's also defining then that's a huge bonus. And I like the coconut smell too!
The slip is mediocre. While it didn't tangle my hair it didn't really detangle it either. Just the other gives quicker slip. Maybe if I let it sit it would have been better. I found as I worked it through it was better. The tressamme is instant slip. Definitely didn't feel like it was stripping. Who makes the caramel cowash? Was that mane choice?

The slip is mediocre. While it didn't tangle my hair it didn't really detangle it either. Just the other gives quicker slip. Maybe if I let it sit it would have been better. I found as I worked it through it was better. The tressamme is instant slip. Definitely didn't feel like it was stripping. Who makes the caramel cowash? Was that mane choice?
No it's another CRN product. I reviewed it in my first post. Honestly it's not that stripping. But my hair is naturally dry so it's like it does not want to let go of any of its oils to any cleanser lol.

You really make Creme Restore sound like a great option to try!

No it's another CRN product. I reviewed it in my first post. Honestly it's not that stripping. But my hair is naturally dry so it's like it does not want to let go of any of its oils to any cleanser lol.

You really make Creme Restore sound like a great option to try!
Do you have a link to it? I dont see it on the site.

ETA I see it now. I had to do a Google search. Their website def doesnt list all their products. If I saw this on the site I would have gotten this first (no coconut).

So got the caramel cowash and hated it. I used it and ended up using the creme restore after. The caramel one did nothing. It didn't detangle it didn't soften it actually felt dry after I washed it so that's why I use the other one right after. I won't be using it again.

I also used the clarifying shampoo. it's not good or bad. It did its job. I think I want to stay with the Kinky Curly come clean though. I love the smell of that one and it feels good in my hair. So I think I've tried most of the things in this line the last thing is a try to algae renew deep conditioner but that won't be for another few months when I run out of my Annabelle's Perfect Blend blueberry cheesecake one.

I use the curlaide moisture butter on my hair and my daughter's. I'm a type 4 natural and DD is type 3. It gives my twistout good definition/hold. I usually use it on DD as the cream for the LOC method on her hair. On both of our hair I use the curlaide butter in combination with Oyin Hair Dew and Hot 6 oil. It's a staple product for both of us.

Back