Calling My Braid-Out Ladies . . . PLEASE HELP!

PittiPat

What can I do to get my braid-out to look more curlier? I've tried rolling the ends, smaller braids, smaller cornrows, braiding while my hair is damp, and leaving the braids in longer. They still come out looking "stringy." /images/graemlins/barf.gif Any ideas?

Dang! I just saw Soslychic's question about almost the same thing, except she's natural ... maybe someone can help us both. /images/graemlins/crazy.gif

All you can do is put rods on the ends. Some people actual take the braid and wrap it around and make a pin curl, but you get major shrinkage. I think a twist-out might give you more of the curl you are looking for. Braid-outs tend to seperate b/c they are braided. You could try working through it w/your fingers to break it up. Naturals should be sure to have well oiled fingers whenever they manipulate the braid out. For relaxed heads the braid out might get stringy-er if you use too much oil, so use oil sparingly. But again twist-outs might yeild the results you want. On relaxed hair it looks like spiral curls.

After I braid my hair, I roll it under with my fingers and then I pin it to my head...not quite a pin curl, because I roll it under. I get a pretty good bend to it, but I agree with SC...it you want more curl, twist-outs or pin curls (bantu knots) might give you what you want. HTH /images/graemlins/smile.gif.

Back