Calling long haired 3c/4a, whats your regimen?

MsKibibi

Hi, I'm a 3c/4a with pretty fast growing hair.I'm trying to get mine back to bra strap length (I cut it to chin length last summer, its now 2" past my shoulder). I'm thinking about using the Crown and Glory technique (www.growafrohairlong.com) staring in July.
What did you do to achieve/ maintain your length?
I take vitamins, and drink plenty of water, my hair enemy is stress
wallbash.gif
. So i'm trying to cut down on that but we all know how school can be stressful and I'm starting law school in August which is why I wanted braids.
Thanks in advance.

I'd say keep it simple. Stay away from too much heat. Wear styles that don't require too much manipulation. Continue drinking plenty of water. DON'T STRESS.

Those things have helped me greatly in my hair growth!

[ QUOTE ]
Nay said:
I'd say keep it simple. Stay away from too much heat. Wear styles that don't require too much manipulation. Continue drinking plenty of water. DON'T STRESS.

Those things have helped me greatly in my hair growth!

[/ QUOTE ]

um-hmm.
smile.gif

Also, keep your hair moisturized from the outside by spritzing when needed and/or doing conditioner washes. CWs helped my hair to become softer.

Re: Calling long haired 3c/4a, whats your regimen

When I originally grew out my hair, here's what I did though I didn't think about it too much.

I washed and conditioned. I always used a 2in1 (started off with Creme of Nature and then used 2in1s by Pantene). Then I'd condition. I called this double conditioning. I thought I was doing something so great!

Then I'd use a leave-in - Pantene Light Spray Detangler

I'd let my hair airdry and then I'd blowdry it. After it was pretty dry and straight, I'd apply Aveda Anti-Humectant Pomade and blowdry through one more time.

Then I'd curl it all over with my big barrel curling iron.

I wouldn't use anymore heat until I did my hair again two weeks later.

I got my relaxers every 2 months consistently. I'd always get a trim at every relaxer touch-up.

When I conscioulsy started this, my hair was probably close to bra strap and when it ended, I was waist length (not butt length).

I did go the long route b/c it would have been longer if I didn't use any heat and knew more about haircare.

NOTE: This is when I was fully relaxed. I am now transitioning.

Re: Calling long haired 3c/4a, whats your regimen

Hairlove, our routine sounds similar, except I use oil/grease.
sekret.gif

Here's a condensed version:

Relax with Affirm Lye Mild every 3 months.

1. Shampoo - Kera Care or Cream of Nature poo in shower

2. Condition w/ one or more of the following:
A. Homemade Coconut Milk Conditioner, with cap and no heat
B. Protein treatment (ION’s Effective Care protein treat)
C. Kera Care Humecto Conditioner
D. Re-constructor as needed (I.C. Reconstrutor)
E. Re-constructor as needed (Affirm 5 n 1) when I relax
(I use dryer w/ cap or maybe leave it in for a couple of hours for B,C,D,E)

*I treat with a protein treatment 1x per month
*A hot oil treat every 2 weeks
*Re-constructor as needed (Affirm 5 n 1 always with relaxer)

3. Comb out in shower, After shower, use a light leave in like IC Leave In Moisturizer

4.Use WildGrowth Oil lightly throughout scalp and hair.

5. Allow to air dry.

PART 2 (sometimes the next day):
1. I blow dry my hair with a blow dryer and blowdrying brush to straighten. (no attachment-I hate them)

2. Lightly grease scalp, then blow dry a LITTLE more to just to melt it in.

3. Hot curl and roll my hair. (sponge rollers w/satin overlay)

4. Wrap hair in a satin/silk scarf and keep it that way over night.

5. Next day, I take the rollers out and I have a head full of shiny curls. The curls are a little "Coretta Scott King like",
grin.gif
but I comb it out with my fingers and I’m good to go for 2 weeks. First week it’s curly, then during the 2nd week the curls fall and it straightens out like in my album.

**I put away the rollers, hot curlers, the dryer and the grease and don’t see them again for another 2 weeks. I continue to put oil (Doo-Gro or WGO) in every 3 or 4 days if needed.

Detailed Hair-tine: http://journals.fotki.com/Kitchentician/Hair-tine/

Password: hair

Back