Calling Biotin Users: Biotin 10 000 Mcg

Aireen

Has anyone taken this amount of biotin for an extended period of time? What were your results? Is anyone taking it currently? I'm currently trying it out and just want to know what to expect as my bottle is going to last me 5 months. Please share your experiences taking higher amounts of biotin even if it isn't exactly this amount.

I take 5000 mcgs and so far it's been working great. I do notice more acne but it's worth it because my hair has more than doubled in growth over these past 4 months. I've grown 3 inches in 4 months 2 of those months have been a slower growing time for me. I normally get growth spurts in the spring/ summer and slow down in the fall/winter.

I usually grow 4-5 inches a year. I'm also taking a multi and magnesium for general health but I doubt those have anything to do with my growth.

@IDareT'sHair, when you say "great results", have you gained possibly 1 inch instead of 0.5 inches? Have you gained any growth milestones quicker? Gained thickness? Receive re-growth in certain areas? How's your skin, better or worse?

@BronxJazzy, if you don't mind me asking, where was your hair length wise when you started biotin and where is it now?

@Aireen

I historically have dry skin, so never really have/had a problem with 'break-outs' and other skin related issues.

I gradually went from 3,000 to 5,000 and now 10,000 (but using them in conjunction with another Hair Vitamin).

My 'personal' Milestones are probably more noticeable to me and definitely quicker since upping it to 10,000. ( But I'm really bad at measuring).

I think my growth and retention are both good right now.

I am currently using Phyto Vitamins with the Biotin and was saying in another thread, I don't want to mess it up by switching out the Phyto and another poster said after 18 months the Phyto kinda slowed down on her.

I usually try to switch every year, but I keep Biotin in conjunction with whatever else I am using.

So, I basically went from Nioxin, to Viviscal to Phyto. And so far, for me, Phyto has outperformed the other two. That's why I wanted to keep the Phyto in my line-up.

In 2014 I was taking Viviscal, a former member here, who worked at Sephora, suggested Phyto.

She said coworkers and customers were getting better results from Phyto vs Viviscal. But I had a year's worth of Viviscal in my Stash and wasn't ready to quit or sell them.

But in 2015, I switched over to Phytophanere and they've been great.

I also cleaned up my diet (more fruits, veggies, nuts/seeds)a great deal, and incorporated a ton of water.

I would say all of these adjustments are working great for me.

I hope you get your answers. It couldn't hurt to try the 10,000.

I'm taking a pill that is 10,000 mcg of biotin and 100 mg of keratin. My hair is growing in super thick and strong. I also take 2 vitamin B gummies per day so I have no acne.

I bought a 4 month supply of Biotin (Natures Bounty) 10,000. I used it consistently for about 2-2.5months. Even though I was trying to fight through the acne scarring. I gave up 2 days ago when I developed 2 painful bumps under my chin and a rash between my legs. Makes hair grow everywhere, my eyebrows grew back so fast. Every now and then i'd develop this 1 chin hair.

Back