CALLING ALL NORFOLK DIVAS

I'm visiting Norfolk and I need to get my hair braided/twisted for the summer. Can any of the VA beauties please recommend somone good in the area?

Thanx in advance!

I go to a place called Braids Xpert (they are african if that makes a difference to you). They have 2 places one on N. Military Highway across from MilitaryCircle Mall and the other on E. Little creek rd next to the ward's corner shopping center. They provide the hair and even though they had to use more than one color to match my natural hair color the braids (cornrows) were only $175. They also do micros, twists and locs.

I've only been to the salon once since I've been here and that was to a place called "Bertha's" something It is right off chesapeake going towards Oceanview. The only thing that I didn't like about that salon is the girl that actually did my cut didn't speak english so the older lady had to translate each time I said something or she said something. I know if you get on N Military Highway in the same parking lot as the Super Kmart there is a braiding spot called G-Braids but I haven't even set foot in there. There is also another african braiding spot on E. Little Creek right after the Robo Car Wash and right before the Food Lion/Game Stop shopping center ( I can't remember the name of them) but they were real snobbish when I went in so I turned around and walked right back out. And if I remember right down on OceanView Ave there is another Braiding spot but again I've never set foot in there either. I'm a big hair person so when I moved here last month the first thing I did was try and scope out some hair places. Another note on the Braids Xpert, the one on little creek is usually less busy just because its kind of tucked away between 2 tax centers so if you aren't really paying attention it tends to get over looked.

sounds good. i'm looking for a braiding/weaving place; i currently go to a dominican salon in hampton (they have one in norfolk too, i believe) but they're only good for blowouts, know what i mean. you said cornrows were 175?! please tell me that is not right.

sounds good. i'm looking for a braiding/weaving place; i currently go to a dominican salon in hampton (they have one in norfolk too, i believe) but they're only good for blowouts, know what i mean. you said cornrows were 175?! please tell me that is not right.
Nope that's right 175 for the cornrows with extensions. I only pay 15 for just cornrows without the weave

DANG!!! $175?? For cornrows? That better be hair straight out of somone else's scalp :crazy:

ETA: Thanx for the rec ButterCaramel, I'll definetely check it out.

Ladies sorry to highjack your thread but I'l be in Hampton VA in a couple of weeks , can you give me the address or name of the dominican salon in Hampton. Thanks in advance

Back