Calling... All... Naturals and Texlaxers!!!!

keeperathome

Ok so I have been trying this texlax thing since June when I finished my six month stretch. Mind you I was expecting during that time. And I rarely lost any hair when I detangled and washed my hair(in the shower.) Now I am having MASSIVE shedding and breaking at least it seems that way to me. And when I air dry my hair in a pony I end up with a matted tangled mess that I have to get back in the shower to get loose. I would rather not use much heat on my hair cause I know that it is damaging. Maybe its the products or the technique I don't know. I tried DCing w/heat then the baking soda poo, and oil rinse thing today and I still ended up loosing a lot of hair although I was able to detangle better.. does this get better with time? My hair is about I would say 50% texlaxed or almost natural. My hair was never fully relaxed bone straight. And it seems no matter how long I left the relaxer on it was never super straight still had some wave. Any way I have tried every method I can think of I have searched this forum till the wee hours of the morning falling a sleep at my desk trying to find some system that might help me deal with the two,three , four textures my hair seems to have. Mind you I don't have the adverage head or hair type naturally my hair is anywhere from 3a to 4a I know crazy huh. I am torn between just going all out natural and relaxing but I am in dire need of something that will SUPER detangle my hair. And Stop the shedding if that is possible. I do understand some of this could be PP but something has got to give this is what I lost during this wash cycle actually it was probably double cause most went down the drain. I know this is a long post but I need some help here and I needed to vent to someone. I am trying not to cry here.... If I am over reacting and this is normal please let me know also this is not just shed hair 90% is but it is also breakage and some of the breakage is 1/2 in long help anyone!!!!!

Attachments

• ryan'sparty-graduation-hairpics 065 mod.jpg
    ryan'sparty-graduation-hairpics 065 mod.jpg
    27.5 KB · Views: 10
okay... you said you WERE expecting when you first textlaxed... did you have the baby? if so, you might be experiencing post-partum shedding. boy, i do NOT want to relive that memory... i had hair coming out like CRAZY!!! i'm surprised i didn't end up with any bald spots. *shudders at the thought*

other than that... i'm natural and my hair tangles, but i only detangle once a week.

Last edited:
This usually happens when you are transitioning and growing out your natural hair with chemically processed ends. I experience a lot of shedding, matting, and breakage too when I had two different hair textures on my head. I got tired off it and cut my relaxed ends off.

okay... you said you WERE expecting when you first textlaxed... did you have the baby? if so, you might be experiencing post-partum shedding. boy, i do NOT want to relive that memory... i had hair coming out like CRAZY!!! i'm surprised i didn't end up with any bald spots. *shudders at the thought*

other than that... i'm natural and my hair tangles, but i only detangle once a week.

ok yes i have had my beautiful 9lb 1oz baby girl she is 4 months now. With my first DD I don't remember much shedding although I was not paying that much attention to my hair then. So maybe this is normal with PP and transitioning huh?? I hope I have hair left when it is all said and done. Thanks, though here is a pic of my baby

Attachments

• babypic-hairpics 0844re32mod.jpg
    babypic-hairpics 0844re32mod.jpg
    59.3 KB · Views: 7
This usually happens when you are transitioning and growing out your natural hair with chemically processed ends. I experience a lot of shedding, matting, and breakage too when I had two different hair textures on my head. I got tired off it and cut my relaxed ends off.

Do you have any suggestions if You don't want to do the BC? on how to detangle. What do you do now that you are natural that helps?
Thanks for the info.

What conditioner do u use? I was using Hello Hydration by Herbal Essences and totally twisted by HE when I was transitioning and it made detangling a breeze. Now I use Pantene Hydrating Curls and detangling is extra easy. It could also be the way you are washing. do u wash in sections or going down the shaft of the hair? Piling the hair on the head is one of the biggest reasons for the hair to be tangled.

I just went through a THING for some reason where my texlaxed hair wanted to shed all over the place??? Last night I did the 2 step aphogee protein treatment and it stopped it instantly. Now the matting I dont know. I know my roots (im trying to stretch to december but i dont know if imma make it!!!) are very nappy and i dont know what moisturizer to use. Right now i put bioinfusion olive moisturizer and carrot creme and then seal it with amla lite but when it dries it's not soft at all. So i have no idea what to do but the protein treatment stopped my shedding IMMEDIATELY!!:spinning:

What conditioner do u use? I was using Hello Hydration by Herbal Essences and totally twisted by HE when I was transitioning and it made detangling a breeze. Now I use Pantene Hydrating Curls and detangling is extra easy. It could also be the way you are washing. do u wash in sections or going down the shaft of the hair? Piling the hair on the head is one of the biggest reasons for the hair to be tangled.

I might have to try this... I use a mixture today I used Motions Moisture Plus and suave humectant cause it seemed to help before but maybe that was because I did not have as much new growth/ texlaxed hair I don't know. Also I have tried washing in braids, sections, and regular with each I still loose alot of hair. I usually wash my hair in the shower to avoid it being pilled up on my head. Thanks though.

Back