Calling all Natural Hairstyling Queens!! A little Holiday help here please...

BrockStar

Hey ya'll! So I've always been really good at styling my relaxed hair, but now that it is natural, I need ideas for different, fun, funky hairstyles!! After I try out my new flat iron (:grin:) I'm going back to the fro and for the holidays I'd love to rock a fun updo or something :rolleyes:
If you have any pics of a cute natural style you came up with, please post...I look forward to responses!!!

I'm no expert but some styles i like to try to change it up are a loose floppy pony puff very high on my head... a side puff... or a low puff with a deep side part & a vertical flat twist(one or two strand) in front which is my fave... I'll try to post pics of the last one later... you should look @ some old 80s/90s hairstyle thats where i get ideas from... like the various girls that are on fresh prince & a different world... if take away their tacky clothes & makeup a lot of their natural hairstyles are cute

I am the queen of styling box braids. right now my hair btwn 7--8inches long stretched. For the winter I am keeping it box braids that I style with rollers/rods. Last night I rolled the back all up to just past my ear with very small rods. The front I used small to med magnetic rollers. The effect is a short bob. To make it chique I usually use the duck clips to clip the hair down in front in the moring while I am getting ready. Or you tye them down with a scarf.

This style will last me until I wash my box braids.

Thanks ya'll! ChonchillaPrincess I love your styles!!! Anyone else? Or does anyone know of a good website to go to to get more natural styling ideas?

I know it's not all that different, but I like to do a high puff with hair jewelry or a flower.
I actually use a banana clip to pile the hair up on the very top of my head. Sometimes I leave some out in the front, so that I have coils falling down in the front. Then I put a big flower (real or fake) around the base in the side or back.
If I want bling, I'll skip the flower and add some pretty clips holding up the slicked up hair in the back or in the front.

Thanks ya'll! ChonchillaPrincess I love your styles!!! Anyone else? Or does anyone know of a good website to go to to get more natural styling ideas?

Nappturality.com is the best source for natural styles. Hands down. That's the main reason I go over there. Also, look through people's fotkis.

Go to nappturality.com, search for updos...a lot of women there are really creative. MissYoli (she's a member here) has a lot of cute styles too.

Well I'm transitioning and a style I like to do is bantu knots. One of my GA's at school does them on her gorgeous natural hair and it creates the prettiest bouncy curls. If you do them kind of small and do some interesting hair pinning I think it would turn out really nice. I don't have any pictures, but if you need instructions let me know.

Back