Calling all Midwestern LCHF Ladies: NE, IA, MO, KS, CO, SD, ND, MN! Midwest meet up?

Re: Calling all Midwestern LCHF Ladies: NE, IA, MO, KS, CO, SD, ND, MN! Midwest meet

I am with you my dear...I live in the plymouth area and I have been getting sew in from a family member who just moved to DC and it's hard to find a great salon or stylist to commit to...

I have been doing my own sew in but I will like to be pampered sometimes lol

Re: Calling all Midwestern LCHF Ladies: NE, IA, MO, KS, CO, SD, ND, MN! Midwest meet

I'm coming to Iowa City this weekend!!!!!

Welcome Bunny77!!!:clapping:

It will be so cool to have a fellow LHCF sister in my neck of the woods! I wish you a safe journey. It's snowing again....yuck.

Bumping for others to join!

Illinois checking in a meet would be nice. I will come back later to fill in the rest of the information, I have go and teach my bootcamp class now.

We're growing! :yay:

Lots of people asked about dealing with cold. Feel free to chime in via the thread about what you all do.

My answer:

I moisturize and deep con more. I try to drink lots more water. I bun a lot and rarely wear my hair out so I don't lose any length to breakage by wool coats and hats, etc. I wear my scarf to bed faithfully. I baby and seal my moisturized ends.

Checking in from the Jayhawk/Sunflower State.

City & State: Topeka, KS
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: Working out crown issues and trying to thicken it up.
Hair Goals: As of Dec. 2009, I'm grazing my hair goal of BSL...so now I'm aiming for BSB.
Challenges You're Currently In: Growing my crown challenge, bunning, DC, healthy ends. Personal challenge to exercise, eat better, take my vitamins.
Interested in a Meet Up?: Yes.
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: None right now, but I'm sure I'll think of some later.

Do you mean a satin-lined winter hat? I know some people just go to the fabric store, purchase 100% silk or satin fabric and either stitch it inside their hats or use the stitchless hemming tape to stick it in there. HTH!

And thanks for replying! :hiya:

Great, great suggestion and information!

We're growing! :yay:

Lots of people asked about dealing with cold. Feel free to chime in via the thread about what you all do.

My answer:

I moisturize and deep con more. I try to drink lots more water. I bun a lot and rarely wear my hair out so I don't lose any length to breakage by wool coats and hats, etc. I wear my scarf to bed faithfully. I baby and seal my moisturized ends.

Cosigning!

Welcome Bunny77!!!:clapping:

It will be so cool to have a fellow LHCF sister in my neck of the woods! I wish you a safe journey. It's snowing again....yuck.

GIRL...

Okay, so I got here and it's single-digit temperatures! Or negatives! I mean, I knew it would be cold, but dang! :lol:

Can't wait to get back to the 20-something temperatures in Michigan. :lachen:

Glad I traveled on Friday though. I heard Thursday was awful.

City & State: St. Louis, MO
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd: Transitioning
What You're Doing with your hair now: Weaved up:yep:
Hair Goals:Transition to fully natural healthy hair
Challenges You're Currently In: None
Interested in a Meet Up?: Sure
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: I have none

Heeeeeey, you forgot OH :(

Lol, i'm not there right now but just came in to rep my section of the Midwest!

Ok, I'm reviving this thread.... :drunk:

City & State: Michigan
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd: Transitioning since 09-2008
What You're Doing with your hair now: Wigs, Lg twists w/synthetic hair, or wrap w/pretty scarves
Hair Goals: BSL (currently 2in from APL)
Challenges You're Currently In: Unofficially in OCT/MT Challenge
Interested in a Meet Up?: YUP!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask:
I'm new to the Midwest and need to figure out what regimen to follow for winter.

City & State: KCMO
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd: Transitioning
What You're Doing with your hair now: [COLOR="purple]growing[/COLOR]
Hair Goals:[COLOR="purple"]apl by Valentine'a day (Valentine's present to myself :) )[/COLOR]
Challenges You're Currently In: none
Interested in a Meet Up?: YES
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: best natural product to keep my hair moist during the harsh winters? I am torn between getting something from Qhemet or Oyin

City & State: Midwest
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd: Just not relaxing at the moment
What You're Doing with your hair now: Having fun with styling
Hair Goals: None for the moment
Challenges You're Currently In: None
Interested in a Meet Up?: Yep
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: I am just in shell shock mode. I am from FLORIDA!!! This is my first winter in the Midwest and it is already tooo cold for my thin Florida blood. Oh my, I am not looking forward to winter, I've only ever seen snow once before!

:bump:

Hey diva_Esp ! Ok I admit I was in the middle of stalking your page :sekret: and saw this thread. Perfect since I'm new to the Midwest! Nebraska is out numbered! Represent!!!:thumbsup:

City & State: Omaha, Nebraska
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd: Relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: Wiggin' my way to Waistlength!!!
Hair Goals: currently between BSL and MBL, Hoping for WL by 12/31
Challenges You're Currently In: None. I just stalk them often :blush:
Interested in a Meet Up?: YES!!!! Nobody understands a PJ like a Nikkos cousin!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: This hard mineral deposited water is killer on my hair. I now only use water I've boiled first or store bought. I need a shower filter in my life!!!

Last edited:

:bump:

Hey @diva_Esp ! Ok I admit I was in the middle of stalking your page :sekret: and saw this thread. Perfect since I'm new to the Midwest! Nebraska is out numbered! Represent!!!:thumbsup:

City & State: Omaha, Nebraska
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd: Relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: Wiggin' my way to Waistlength!!!
Hair Goals: currently between BSL and MBL, Hoping for WL by 12/31
Challenges You're Currently In: None. I just stalk them often :blush:
Interested in a Meet Up?: YES!!!! Nobody understands a PJ like a Nikkos cousin!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: This hard mineral deposited water is killer on my hair. I now only use water I've boiled first or store bought. I need a shower filter in my life!!!

HarySituation Glad you found the thread! Thanks for bumping!!! Welcome!!!

WE NEED TO HAVE A MEET AND GREET FOR MIDWEST COUSINS!!!

Back