Calling all Midwestern LCHF Ladies: NE, IA, MO, KS, CO, SD, ND, MN! Midwest meet up?

Diva_Esq

:attention:

I know there are some Midwest area LHCF Sistas on here with fierce hair! :circle:

Roll call! :yep: Check in & let us know the following:

City & State:
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd:
What You're Doing with your hair now:
Hair Goals:
Challenges You're Currently In:
Interested in a Meet Up?:
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask:

:lots:
I know there have to be several of us here!

:hiya:
Let's get to know each other!

** I'll update the roll call here**
Diva_Esq.
mizbizzyb
JD2'dt
Cutens
Barbie83
teysmith
laurend
in_di_vi_du_al
Oyekade
BrownSkinQT
BillionaireHopes
supermodelsonya
ebonimama
testimony777
silvergirl
Hersheygurl
OrangeMoon
Mylin
lawyer2be371
ladylina

Last edited:
Re: Calling all Midwestern LCHF Ladies: NE, IA, MO, KS, CO, SD, ND, MN! Midwest meet

City & State: Omaha, Nebraska
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Texlaxed, Loc'd:
What You're Doing with your hair now: Transitioning to Natural-8 months post relaxer! :yay:
Hair Goals: APL by May 2010, MBL by Dec 2010, Fully natural & WL by 2013
Challenges You're Currently In: See siggy
Interested in a Meet Up?: YES! :)
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: Cold weather and winter hair techniques, products in Midwest, Natural groups in Midwest

Last edited:
Re: Calling all Midwestern LCHF Ladies: NE, IA, MO, KS, CO, SD, ND, MN! Midwest meet

City & State: Center of the USA
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Natural
What You're Doing with your hair now: Simplifying my regimen
Hair Goals: MBL with healthy ends by July 2010
Challenges You're Currently In: RS, DDC, MBL all for 2010. I am also in some health related challenges as well.
Interested in a Meet Up?: Always
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: Where can I get a satin lined cap that is cute?

Last edited:

City & State: Cincinnati, OH/Covington, KY

Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Relaxed

What You're Doing with your hair now: Once my new wigs arrive, I'll be PS'ing thru the winter ;)

Hair Goals: BSL 2010, relax 3 times in 2010, fill in my edges

Challenges You're Currently In: See siggy

Interested in a Meet Up?: Hells yeah! :grin:

uhm...do we have to have feirce hair:look:

I live in Missouri :)

City & State: Center of the USA
What You're Doing with your hair now: Simplifying my regimen
Hair Goals: MBL with healthy ends by July 2010
Challenges You're Currently In: RS, DDC, MBL all for 2010. I am also in some health related challenges as well.
Interested in a Meet Up?: Always
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: Where can I get a satin lined cap that is cute?

Do you mean a satin-lined winter hat? I know some people just go to the fabric store, purchase 100% silk or satin fabric and either stitch it inside their hats or use the stitchless hemming tape to stick it in there. HTH!

And thanks for replying! :hiya:

uhm...do we have to have feirce hair:look:

I live in Missouri :)

Your avi pic is cute! Diggin' the fierce hawk! :yep:

Please join! Yay, Missouri! A neighbor to NE! :D

City & State:
St Louis MO
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd:
Relaxed
kinky twist
Hair Goals:
long, strong, thick, and healthy bra strap length hair!!
SL challenge 2010, APL challenge 2010
sure..why not!

bumpitty bump bump :D

I KNOW there are more ladies out there in the Midwest!

You forgot one of the biggest state in the Midwest - Illinois.

Last edited:

You forgot about WI!

Yes, there are black people in WisCANsin! lol

City & State:Minneapolis, MN
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd:Relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: sew in
Hair Goals: thick and luscious hair, the thicker the better
Challenges You're Currently In: weave up challenge
Interested in a Meet Up?:yes
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask:salon in minneapolis that can do good weave without ghetto-izing( if that's a word) it.

City & State: Denver, CO
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Texturizing once a year
What You're Doing with your hair now: Resting from kinky twists for two weeks
Hair Goals: APL by 2011 and healthy thicker hair
Challenges You're Currently In: My own braid challenge for the next two years
Interested in a Meet Up?: But of course!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: None yet

City & State: St. Louis, MO
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Transitioning

What You're Doing with your hair now: just in cornrows
Hair Goals: to be fully natural .
Challenges You're Currently In: none at the moment.
Interested in a Meet Up?: sure
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: not at the moment :grin:

CHECKING IN FROM INDIANA!! ANOTHER MIDWEST STATE!!!

City & State: Hammond IN

Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd:
Relaxed
Tree braids and weaves
Hair Goals:
long, strong, thick, and healthy bra strap length hair!!
Long Term Stretchers, APL in 2010
Yes

Don't forgot us Michigan ladies either!!!!!

City & State:Minneapolis, MN
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd:Relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: sew in
Hair Goals: thick and luscious hair, the thicker the better
Challenges You're Currently In: weave up challenge
Interested in a Meet Up?:yes
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask:salon in minneapolis that can do good weave without ghetto-izing( if that's a word) it.
I am with you my dear...I live in the plymouth area and I have been getting sew in from a family member who just moved to DC and it's hard to find a great salon or stylist to commit to...

City & State: Chicago Il
What You're Doing with your hair now: I am trying to retain all my growth this year so that I can get to WL and possibly HL. For me this means lots of protective styling
Hair Goals: Healthy HL hair with a natural V hemline
Challenges You're Currently In: WL in 2010, Bun for the Winter, 2010 Bootcamp
Interested in a Meet Up?: Absolutely
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: My questions center around our unique weather issues in the Midwest (especially Chicago), sweltering summers and bone chilling winters.

psst....... im from the middle of nowhere canada ( sometimes i feel like the only black midwestern canadian with internet, everyone else is in toronto) can i join? depending on when and where i might be able to come

City & State: Canada
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: natural
What You're Doing with your hair now: growing it out
Hair Goals: bigchop to waist in 3 yrs. first minigoal bsl june 2010
Challenges You're Currently In: bsl 2010 ; mbl 2010

Great Thread! City & State: Cedar Rapids, IA
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: texlaxed

What You're Doing with your hair now: not much of anything; it's in my typical Winter braid. It is cold here!!!!
Hair Goals: I would like to be full WSL

Challenges You're Currently In: no current challenges but would like to join WSL in 2010
Interested in a Meet Up?: most definitely!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask;a I have a difficult time finding certain brands in my area. I have to order online a lot.

Great Thread! City & State: Cedar Rapids, IA

What You're Doing with your hair now: not much of anything; it's in my typical Winter braid. It is cold here!!!!

Challenges You're Currently In: no current challenges but would like to join WSL in 2010
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask;a I have a difficult time finding certain brands in my area. I have to order online a lot.

I'm coming to Iowa City this weekend!!!!!

Great Thread!City & State: Cedar Rapids, IA

We would love to have you in the WL challenge :yep:. Drop by when you get a chance :grin:.

Don't forgot us Michigan ladies either!!!!!

We welcome you!! :hiya: Please post your info!

psst....... im from the middle of nowhere canada ( sometimes i feel like the only black midwestern canadian with internet, everyone else is in toronto) can i join? depending on when and where i might be able to come

City & State: Canada
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: natural
What You're Doing with your hair now: growing it out
Hair Goals: bigchop to waist in 3 yrs. first minigoal bsl june 2010
Challenges You're Currently In: bsl 2010 ; mbl 2010

Great Thread!City & State: Cedar Rapids, IA

Absolutely! Please join! Heck, your location is more beautiful! Let's meet at the waterfalls! :)

:Hiya: To the Cedar Rapids, IA Member! My neighboring state! :)

:D :D :D :D I KNEW there were more Midwest ladies here! :D :D :D :D

City & State: Detroit, MI
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Relaxed and thinking about transitioning
What You're Doing with your hair now: leaving it alone and hiding it from myself. DC'ing more and staying away from direct heat.
Hair Goals: MBL and possibly WL
Challenges You're Currently In: None
Interested in a Meet Up?: Sure I will travel!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: Nothing I can think of at this moment just trying to get my hands on quality products, making my own mixtures for hair and skin and ughhh probably finding a stylist or buddy to mentor me during my possible transition in the Michigan Area.

Great thread!

Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: I'm in mbl and bootcamp challenges for 2010 so I'm wearing a baggy under my phony bun.
Hair Goals: Full blunt waist length
Challenges You're Currently In: see above
Interested in a Meet Up?: Love a meet up!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask; I'd like to see more Detroit women on the board. Hey ladies where u at?!!!!

City & State: Detroit, MI
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: I think I just realized I'm texlaxed :)
What You're Doing with your hair now: Roller Setting; staying away from direct heat
Hair Goals: Full blunt APL
Interested in a Meet Up?: Sure!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: Can't think of any

City & State: Milwaukee, Wisconsin
Natural
What You're Doing with your hair now: Weaving it up in 2010
Hair Goals: BSL/MBL 2010 2011WSL
Challenges You're Currently In: a lot BSL/MBL/WSL Megatek/Knock Out Nape/Edge LHCF Boot Camp
Interested in a Meet Up?: Sure
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: Winter hair care for the winter months

Last edited:

City & State: St. Louis Park, Minnesota
Transitioning, Relaxed, Natural, Loc'd: Relaxed
What You're Doing with your hair now: I am just enjoying BSL
Hair Goals: I made my goal just want to keep it healthy and see if I can be MBL
Interested in a Meet Up?: YES!!
Questions/ Issues unique to Midwest ladies you want to ask: How does everybody else did with the cold?

Back