Calling all LHCFer's!!!

yannimom

Hi Everyone,

I need your help asap plzzzzz. I'm currently sporting a wave noveau and due for my 3.5 month redo, but instead I would like to relax my hair, and give this curly hair a break. My hair is very coarse and whenever I perm it in the past, the very next day you would think I needed a perm again. I usually go for super strength relaxers. I don't care to go natural b/c I tried that back in my pre teen days and combs would break in half trying to comb out my knots.... I need to get my hair perm by this sat, any help you can offer would be greatly appreciated. I will need to buy perm today, so please please give me some recommendations. Thanks in advance and Happy Holidays to all!

I'm new to hair care but I swear by Mizani relaxer. i like a really straight look and nothing gets this wool "sleekier" than mizani relaxers.

You need to let the wave nouveau grow out first. If you relax over it, your hair will fall out. I saw it happen to a girl in college. She did it over a holiday break and came back with two inches of hair. She didn't even bother to go to a salon for a cut and it looked horrible.

Why don't you wear the wave nouveau straight? You can keep it straight for a certain amount of time. I can't remember how long.

my hair is also hard to handle without a relaxer, but bantu gets my hair super straight. it can be drying if you don't dc sometime prior to the relaxer.

You need to let the wave nouveau grow out first. If you relax over it, your hair will fall out. I saw it happen to a girl in college. She did it over a holiday break and came back with two inches of hair. She didn't even bother to go to a salon for a cut and it looked horrible.

Why don't you wear the wave nouveau straight? You can keep it straight for a certain amount of time. I can't remember how long.

I agree! You definitely don't want to relax on top of a wave nouveau!!! Grow the nouveau out first and relax the new growth only! Keep getting trims and cutting off the old nouveau hair. Eventually, you will have a head of only relaxed hair:-)

Sorry...there is no quick fix!

:welcome4: I agree. You should definetely let it grow out. You're going to have massive breakage if you put a relaxer on top of that Wave Nouveau. Have you tried blowing it straight? Maybe you should check out the transitioning threads for style options and transitioning tips.

Co-Signing, Being as though the WN is also a permanent, it would'nt be wise to process over it, the most You can do is have it blowed out to straighten or wait for the WN to grow out, but just as a straight relaxer is permanent, so is the WN.

Back