Calling All "Armpit and Below" Girls!!! Come on in here!

Deep conditioning, moisturizing, handling the hair very carefully when combing styling etc...., and minimal heat use.

Wow! This is hard for me too. Just one??? Sorry, can't do it. I'll provide two that I know will work. Diligent consistency (drinking lots of water everyday, vitamins, regimen that works for YOU, etc.) and tie hair up EVERY night and what the other ladies said and you should have no problems and should see progress.

BAGGIE METHOD!!!!!!!!

PROTECTIVE STYLE!!!!!

LOW OR NO MANIPULATION!!!

They are all the same, leave the hair alone and protect those ends at all costs!!!!!

mscocoface said:
BAGGIE METHOD!!!!!!!!

PROTECTIVE STYLE!!!!!

LOW OR NO MANIPULATION!!!

They are all the same, leave the hair alone and protect those ends at all costs!!!!!

Ditto to what mscocoface. I keep my ends baggied 24/7 and I retain all my growth:)

1. Keep your hair up/off your shoulders often. let yourself wear your hair down on occassion but not too often. Lots of ladies here have show some great style options in their foki.

2. Low manipulation (find a good style that works on a weekly basis).

3. Balance moisture and protien correctly. This is really important!

4. Low/no heat to reduce any breakage. Look into rollersetting if you want to wear your hair out.

5. Enjoy life. Don't let being shoulder length drive you crazy and stress you out!

I didn't include stretching the relaxer because there's plenty of ladies here who are natural. Besides, I don't think thats in the top 5 things that you can do to make it past shoulder length. If a person can stretch successfully, then ok great! Thats all the better for the condition of their hair. But its not worth stretching if you get a bunch of breakage behind it.

I'm probably an inch to APL so can't say I'm there yet, but hair retention really did take off when I got past the tops of my shoulders.

-A

Arcadian said:
1. Keep your hair up/off your shoulders often. let yourself wear your hair down on occassion but not too often. Lots of ladies here have show some great style options in their foki.

2. Low manipulation (find a good style that works on a weekly basis).

3. Balance moisture and protien correctly. This is really important!

4. Low/no heat to reduce any breakage. Look into rollersetting if you want to wear your hair out.

5. Enjoy life. Don't let being shoulder length drive you crazy and stress you out!

I didn't include stretching the relaxer because there's plenty of ladies here who are natural. Besides, I don't think thats in the top 5 things that you can do to make it past shoulder length. If a person can stretch successfully, then ok great! Thats all the better for the condition of their hair. But its not worth stretching if you get a bunch of breakage behind it.

I'm probably an inch to APL so can't say I'm there yet, but hair retention really did take off when I got past the tops of my shoulders.

-A

I am no where near armpit. But I just realized recently how important the moisture/protein balance is. i didn't have the balance and my hair is thinner from all the breakage.

Back