Buying Salon Products from Regular Stores

Avaya

Have you found salon products not purchased from salons to be "inferior" or "imposters?" Sister girl needs to save some mullah and those salon prices are kicking my pocket book :drowning: ! I would like to buy my nexxus and paul mitchell products from CVS. Do they sell "the real thing?"

Thanks!:)

PrincessAvaya said:
Have you found salon products not purchased from salons to be "inferior" or "imposters?" Sister girl needs to save some mullah and those salon prices are kicking my pocket book :drowning: ! I would like to buy my nexxus and paul mitchell products from CVS. Do they sell "the real thing?"

I've seen the real ones in Eckerd's here. I have been using the Sally's brand of Nexxus, which doesn't seem to be any GREAT difference.

PrincessAvaya said:

CVS here in the Atlanta metro area carries the real thing (nexxus anyway); however, the prices appear about the same as the salons (ulta, jc penney's etc.).

I buy salon products from 'big lots' all the time and they work great.

A joico sales rep told me that it is just basically 'deritative product' but the 'integrity of the product' is still the same

Also check out costco they always have good deals .....

the products sold to those kinds of stores are often expired and unsafe to be using on hair. some of them are tampered with . i just wouldnt feel safe buying from a store if it was my hair.

Back