Burts bee products

Lilmama1011

Did anybody use burts bee hair products. So horrible! I thought because it was natural it would work wonders, it was equivalent to putting basically dish detergent. It was soooooo drying and had the nerve to be called brazil nut moisture!!! The lies!!!! I had brought pre shampoo treatment, deep conditioner, shampoo and regular shampoo, a waste of time, my sister used it and she was so mad at me, her hair matted together and she was forever detangling and when she did detangle it it looked so dry and she lost a lot of hair anyone else have problems with them? I just use my burts bee crappy conditioner to wash my combs and brushing but still trying to decide whether to keep the rest or just throw it out

yikes!

yeah, i always walk right past the burts bee's section...i dunno, they just never really appealed to me...

why don't you just return it and get your money back instead of trashing it?

bunnie82 said:
yikes!

yeah, i always walk right past the burts bee's section...i dunno, they just never really appealed to me...

why don't you just return it and get your money back instead of trashing it?

It's been over a month and don't have the receipt

I tried burts bees a couple years ago thinking natural = good. The shampoo and conditioner dried my hair out like nothing I've seen before. I had to DC under heat for an hour to get right.

After that I used it to wash my synthetic lace fronts and scrub my shower.

Wow lol, I know it was a shock, it's equivalent to using dish detergent smh, I wouldn't recommend it to my worst enemy

I personally do not think the hair products are made for African-American hair. However, I liked the pre-shampoo treatment. I agree the Hair Repair Shea & Grapefruit Deep Conditioner seemed to strip the hair. And then I realized it made a good clarifier and it really helps in the summer when I swim. I tried two other scents when they came in a travel pack with other stuff: made my hair very hard but got the chlorine out.

i've tried their conditioner in the past and it didn't really do much. unfortunately. i really wanted to like it

I don't know if they changed the formula or something but when I was relaxed I used their grapefruit shampoo and conditioner. I had great results and got compliments on the scent of my hair. A few months ago when I was 40% natural and 60% texlaxed I purchased it again and my hair felt horrible! The shampoo felt harsh and felt like my hair was coated and stuck together... The conditioner didn't do anything... It was like I didn't use any.

So I wonder if the changed the formula... or maybe it simply agreed with relaxed hair better? I don't know.

ETA:
Now that I think about it, it was the sugar beet burts bees that I really enjoyed. I never tried grapefruit until recently.

Last edited:
I have only used the pre-shampoo treatment which I love. Good to know about the SH & CNs.

Oh yeah, I remember the avocado pre-poo treatment being incredible! The consistency weirded me out but it made my hair feel like butter. Wow, I forgot about that...

Aww man I just bought the grapefruit/ sugar beet and pomegrante/ soy conditioner today at cvs...they were on clearance for 3.99.

I recently purchased what's labeled as "new & improve" w/Baobab. Burt's Bee's More Moisture Poo/Condish. I haven't tried it yet, but if it's no good, I'll donate it to Sojourners Center.

I've used the avocado pre shampoo treatment- I actually really like it since it's very moisturizing. I've also used the grapefruit and sugar beet conditioner, which left my hair really shiny, but very tangled. Since finding better products like CJ, Oyin, Aussie Moist, and MJ I haven't repurchased Burt's Bees.

The only things I use from Burt's Bees are the lip balms and the sensitive skin products. (They're great!!) I can't bring myself to use their poos. If it ain't broke.... :look:

I didn't like the conditioners, but I absolutely love the pre-shampoo hair treatment. I no longer use it because I now apply AO GPB before shampooing.

The Burt's Bee's pre-shampoo treatment will always have a special place in my heart because it really helped me through my ultra-dry spell when I first started doing my own hair.

I just bought the grapefruit and sugar beet shampoo from CVS on sale. I've only used it one time, but it did remind me of the dawn lemon dishwashing liquid. I bought it because it was sulfate free, but it seemed to strip my hair. I'll give it another try before I jump to judgement.

I tried the Burt's Bees Grapefruit Shampoo because it was sulfate-free...no thanks. My hair felt like I'd rinsed it in paint thinner. I'll stick to their lip balms.

MarieB said:
I tried the Burt's Bees Grapefruit Shampoo because it was sulfate-free...no thanks. My hair felt like I'd rinsed it in paint thinner. I'll stick to their lip balms.

I guess natural doesn't always mean great results!

The pre-poo was my savior once upon a time when I was transitioning. That was an intense PJ phase for me and that was still one product I actually repurchased several times. I loved that stuff! *reminisce*
I also liked the moisturizing brazil nut/raspberry shampoo and conditioner, although I could never decide if I actually liked the smell or not. It was definitely moisturizing, though. I never tried any of the other ones. Sorry they sucked for you :nono:

Back