Bun/chignon challenge

Boadicea

Okay, who's down with me? You know you're tempted...
sekret.gif

As a general rule, you do hereby promise to keepith thine ends from human eyes unless you're taking your hair down to moisturize it and promptly place it back in a bun, or wash your hair or sleep.

The challenge starts today, August 1st 2003 and will end on Ausust 2nd 2004.

And eh, what the heck, french rolls and twists will count. As long as the hair isn't exposed to the air.

You in, or you out?

The challenge starts today, August 1st 2003 and will end on Ausust 2nd 2003.

boadice is the challenge only a day long??

lol kandy thanks, coz had me wonderin what kinda estraint it took to have a bun for a day lol

happy hair bunning!!

*secretly wishin my hair will hurry up and grow so i too can sport a bun *

*deep breath* Count me in...I'd better go get some bun cages and cute stuff to put in my hair so I can stay motivated. Lawd help me...what have I gotten myself into?
laugh.gif

I'm in. I just got some s-curl so I can keep it moist in there. I think buns are like day-weaves, b/c you leave your hair alone once it's in.

note;. I went to a training and saw a woman with SEVERE hair-line damage. I mean bad. she had bits of fuzz where her hairline used to be. And what she had left SCRAPED back into a phony-tail.(The worst thing she could do) What makes it WORSE is that I heard her talk and she was a really nice woman. I wanted to tell her about this site, but I didn't want to hurt her feelings at all. So I said nothing.

[ QUOTE ]

The challenge starts today, August 1st 2003 and will end on Ausust 2nd 2004.

And eh, what the heck, french rolls and twists will count. As long as the hair isn't exposed to the air.

You in, or you out?

[/ QUOTE ]

looks like you were saying for one year to me. I mean it does say it will end 2004. The only typo I see is August. Anyway, uh...let me get back to you on this one.
laugh.gif

I think I can take this challenge. I usually wear my hair up anyway. I'm in.
smile.gif
(I'll let you guys know if I slip up.)

Hi ya'll I can do this coz my face looks weird with my hair down it's not that long that's why. Dontspeak how long is your hair? I think we may have the same length, if so we could simply wear it up for the challenge.?

I heard that wearing your hair back too much can cause thinning at the hairline. I've seen it happen to some people but I'm sure it doesnt happen to everyone. Anyway I guess I wont be joining in because I enjoy the braid out too much. I love wearing a pony tail about once a week but then I get bored with the same look so I change my hairstyle about every two days.

Tee Tee

Oooh, I'm so jealous. I wish my hair was long enough. It's in braids now trying to get it to bun length. Maybe if I didn't have such a big head...
whyme.gif

Just in case your hair starts to get too long for a regular bun, I thought this bun might be an alternative idea.
wink.gif

daytodaywet.jpg

Good luck to all you Yvettes in the making.
clap.gif

[ QUOTE ]
I'm the bun Queen. So, it won't be hard for me.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a good thing this isn't for a prize of money...because I'd have to say Allandra can't play!...just kidding ..lol..
laugh.gif

Actually I've been thinking about it since I read the post about how someone wore her hair in a bun(with bangs...which I will be doing) for a year so count me in...can we have little fringe for bangs?

I want to join the challenge but I have short hair, what should I do? Do you get a lot of breakage at the point where you put the hair up and twist it?

Ahh, I'll do it. What the heck? My hair is just bun length. I think I will buy a fake bun for my hair.

I'd like to join also, since I already wear my hair in a bun most of the week. But can I continue to wear it down for 2 days a week? I only do that now so that I don't adversely affect my hair line by wearing it back. Or do I have to wear my bun every day?

[ QUOTE ]
[ QUOTE ]
I'm the bun Queen. So, it won't be hard for me.
grin.gif

[/ QUOTE ]
It's a good thing this isn't for a prize of money...because I'd have to say Allandra can't play!...just kidding ..lol..
laugh.gif

Actually I've been thinking about it since I read the post about how someone wore her hair in a bun(with bangs...which I will be doing) for a year so count me in...can we have little fringe for bangs?

[/ QUOTE ]
Sweetcocoa, I have bangs too.
smile.gif
I think it gives my hairline a rest. Count me in for the bun challenge.

Bangs are all right. I used to have them and I remember what a pain they were to slick back because they would always pop up. So go ahead and keep them out if you like.
smile.gif

By the way, ladies, what will you be using to moisturize your hair while it's in a bun? As for me, I'm going to pray S-curl twice a week. And, if I can find it again, use Dabur Vatika Oil twice a week (left on overnight and rinsed out in the morning).

Back