BT Use/Phyto IndexII Application

SvelteVelvet

Do you guys think the same 'rule' for discontinuing BT for 10 days before your relaxer/touch-up to avoid 'burning' applies for using Phyto Index being that there is normally no burning sensation with this application and truly no lye?? This might be a slim chance so early after the BT blow-up, but have any BT users touch-up with Phyto a little sooner after your last oiling? How was your experience?

TIA!

I think you should stop any topical growth aide before doing a relaxer. Better to be safe than sorry, no matter what relaxer you're using. Also, using BT beforehand might make your hair more resistant (also not related to the brand of relaxer you use) and it may not get as straight as you want.

preciousjewel76 said:
I think you should stop any topical growth aide before doing a relaxer. Better to be safe than sorry, no matter what relaxer you're using. Also, using BT beforehand might make your hair more resistant (also not related to the brand of relaxer you use) and it may not get as straight as you want.

Thanks. I'm not talking the night before my relazer I've applied BT. I'm saying, for example, I wash my hair Sunday night and oiled my scalp with BT right after. By Friday my scalp/hair is no longer oily from my Sunday application. Will experience burning at this point? This is what I want to know.

preciousjewel76 said:
I don't know, but I'd say it's best to halt the use of BT for at least 7 days before relaxing, just to be sure.

You're right, better to be safe than sorry. I was just trying to strategize and justify the overwhelming impulse I have right now to rip out my braids and get my touch-up this weekend. I would soo be failing in my C&G plan, I'm suppose to leave em in until the end of May. But Spring weather is gonna be hittin us for a few days and I just want my hair to blow in the wind. Oh well, by next week I'll be on the other end of the pendelum.:ohwell:

I have a local customer who used BT the day before her relaxer with no problems at all so I think it depends on the individual. I would do like Precious says and wait to make sure you dont get burned and your hair gets as strait as you want.

naturallady said:
I have a local customer who used BT the day before her relaxer with no problems at all so I think it depends on the individual. I would do like Precious says and wait to make sure you dont get burned and your hair gets as strait as you want.

Thanks for the info on someone elses expeience. I'll more than likely wait..maybe..I want my hair out soo bad! This is probably a double no-no but for all my life that I have taken out my braids I've relaxed immediately with absolutely nooo damage or problems doing so. My last BT app. was Tuesday night, as I touch my scalp right now it's virtually dry well certainly not noticeably oily. I was planning to discontinue use instead of applying it tonight, spend all day Sat. taking my braids out, then applying the touch-up on Sunday.

I just did my relaxer, Phyto II, on this past Sunday. I gave myself 1 day off from BT and used Vatika oil instead the night before. I did my relaxer w/ a little EVOO added to it and I had no problems, no burning, no reversion, no nothing. I think you will be ok.:)

tnorenberg said:
I just did my relaxer, Phyto II, on this past Sunday. I gave myself 1 day off from BT and used Vatika oil instead the night before. I did my relaxer w/ a little EVOO added to it and I had no problems, no burning, no reversion, no nothing. I think you will be ok.:)

Thanks so much for sharing!!:)

tnorenberg said:

Almost the same scenario for me. I used BT 2 or 3 days b4, Phyto II on Saturday, then BT again on Sunday. No burning, no extra sensitivity, hair looks and feels great! :)

Back