BSS that are WONDERFUL in NYC?

ScandalousBeauty

I'll be on a trip to NYC this Monday for a beauty event, and I was wondering, are there any Beauty Supply Stores that are great in NYC? I'm talking Manhattan, I can't go to the other boroughs that day. I'm looking for one that has all of the essentials! I'm gonna need addresses as well ladies! Thanks!

Yep the one on 125th street just accross the street from H&M. i forgot the name u take the 2-3 train to 125th street in harlem manhattan that bss got everything frenchees, minoval, miss antilles, betty hutton hair pouss plus all the products we rave, nioxin, spanish products,wigs, weaves,keralong,wgo......

I would vote for the one on 116th street and lenox right down fro popeyes... I went there yesterday and they have that Roux Porosity Control, which I thought I would hvae to drive all the way out to Sally's to get...

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
I would vote for the one on 116th street and lenox right down fro popeyes... I went there yesterday and they have that Roux Porosity Control, which I thought I would hvae to drive all the way out to Sally's to get...

its a good one too i live on that street i go to both 116th but get minoval and frenchees on 125th there is also a good one at 110th and lexington that got a lot of really nice stuff

You can take the 2/3 to the one on 116th street it will get you closer, but both places you can take
A, C, 2, 3..

116th Street - If you take a/c you will be 2 blocks away, whereas the 2/3 you will be few feet away

125th Street - If you take 2/3 you will be 2 blocks away, whereas the a/c you will be few feet away....

LilChocolateMa said:
Ladies, are these places in Harlem? What train would I catch to get there from Penn Station?

You could catch the 2-3 train like Ekomba said and yes you can catch it directly from Penn Station. I second what AnjelLuvsUBabe recommended that beauty supply store is the bomb, they sell Dominican products there too. I can't wait until December so I can go home and stock up ;). They do sell Minoval it is like $6.99 I think, but I get it for a little cheaper at this BSS in Far Rockaway that one is pretty good too. But there is no need to travel that far if you are living in Manhattan and the one right uptown is good.

But please be warned that Prices are not that cheap, I mean they are cheaper than down town though....

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
But please be warned that Prices are not that cheap, I mean they are cheaper than down town though....

So it would be cheaper to just buy it all on the internet? We don't have most of this stuff in MD so I just wanted to take advantage.

considering the shipping cost, nah it probably would be best to get it while here, plus it is in the hood, so it should be cheaper than most places... Both stores.... lol....

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
considering the shipping cost, nah it probably would be best to get it while here, plus it is in the hood, so it should be cheaper than most places... Both stores.... lol....

lol oh shucks...I have never been to the black areas of NYC. This should be fun!

Well betta hurry up and catch it... LOL... next week may not be as black as this week with all this regentrification(sp?)... Harlem aint Harlem no mo...

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:
Well betta hurry up and catch it... LOL... next week may not be as black as this week with all this regentrification(sp?)... Harlem aint Harlem no mo...

:lachen: Ain't that the truth!!! Sux,...but's that's another thread...

LilChoco: There's a BSS on the corner of 105th and Amsterdam called Rama Beauty Supply. You get there by taking the 1 train to 103rd street (you can catch the 1 at 34th). They have a great selection, and really cheap (DRC, which can be upwards of $55, is only $40 there). If you're lookin for Dominican products, they have a great selection, and large sizes.

Retail Store
iBeautyNY / Happy Beauty Town
1957 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 11378
Tel: 212-987-2480

Also there is one right across the street from penn station. Its on 32nd between 7th and 6th. Its a relly big one also.

Last edited:
mica said:
Retail Store
1957 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 11378

Also there is one right across the street from penn station. Its on 32nd between 7th and 6th. Its a relly big one also.
I think that was the one I was talking about.

YEH but from what another poster stated for some products you have to have a license... The on one105th doesnt require a license...

I love
1. Beauty 35: 35th St & 8th Ave in Manhattan--organized, neat, clean, great selection high end to low end, prices can sometimes be too high
2. Any BSS in Brooklyn on Fulton Street Mall (2/3 to Nevins) MECCA to me.

bajanplums1 said:
I love
1. Beauty 35: 35th St & 8th Ave in Manhattan--organized, neat, clean, great selection high end to low end, prices can sometimes be too high

Co-signing with Bajan, this is an EXCELLENT BSS (#1)!:)

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:

ahahhaha u tell me oh did u see that new cafe or night spot on the new condo building everybody dressed in black on 116th i forgot the name accross the street from the chinese store yeah harlem changed a lot i guess since 9-11 everybody moving uptown

I'm not sure how much of the way you want to travel, but I would just go to the one on 35th St & 8th Ave or the one on 32nd bet 6th and 7th if you want to walk a couple of blocks from Penn Station.

AnjelLuvsUBabe said:

You ain't neva lied
:lachen: :lachen: :perplexed

mica said:
Retail Store
1957 3rd Ave.
New York, NY 11378

Oh...that is one of my happy places...
Wigs and Plus
Beauty Supplies
152 West 32nd Street
(212)695-0007
Mon-Sat: 9am to 7pm.

Good Luck!

bajanplums1 said:
I love
Ditto to both of these.

the one on nevins is the jamm!!love it!!...i know u mentioned manhattan onlky, but i have to give a heads up to all my brooklyn ladiea..there is a BSS on flatbush and church, it is friggin huge...like a supermarket for hair supplies...it is my favorite hair supply store yet..and they carry everthing!..so if you are ever on flatbush and church..go on and gove it a look, ya hear..

Back