BSS STEPS UP GAME

peachykeen

Or is it just me? I went to one of the 10,000 local beauty supply stores near me and I was floored at the number of high quality brands they had in the store:blush:. They had Mizani, Paul Mitchell, Nexxus and FHI Platform Flat Iron.

I had just ordered the FHI Platform from Folica.com earlier. I hate to be a hair snob:ohwell:. But, I was thinking of returning the FHI and getting a Sedu after I saw it in the BSS. I am leary of brands that start to go too public, I fear the quality will go down. What do you all think?

Well, I personally think you should keep the platform :grin:. And yes, I've noticed that many BSS are selling professional brands, but I'm sometimes a bit leary because I've heard of instances where they'll mix or create products themselves and put them in professional containers. But so far, I've never run across that.

Last edited:
I noticed my BSS has REALLY stepped their product game up. I picked up my Salerm 21 leave-in and wheat germ oil mask in my bss the other day. I was amazed that they started carrying it. No more ordering online and waiting days for my essentials....well at least some of them.

I noticed a local BSS with Mizani as well. My Sally's also had a FHI iron when I went last week. It wasn't the runway or platform though, it was $80.

Last edited:
I am leary of Korean owned BSS carrying professional products. I am afraid that the products are counterfeit. I guess to be sure you could call and find out if they are a legit distributor.

Just to be clear, they sell Paul Mitchell, Joico, etc. at Rite Aid & Walgreens here. I don't purchase from there either. Its called "diversion"

Last edited:
hmm. i've never been to a bss that didn't carry those brands. but only one where i live has them out in the open on a shelf. the other stores have them in that glass at the register

I've heard of instance where they'll mix or create products themselves and put them in professional container. But so far, I've never run across that.

I have 100% sure run into this! The BSS near me sells counterfeit products for sure! First, some of the products were in bottles that looked the same but I could tell they werent the same; ALSO I bought a few things and when I used it on my hair :wallbash: it was oohhh NO this dont work! Even the consistency felt different! --only thing I get from there is rollers

I've seen Keracare, Mizani, Design Essentials, FHI flat irons etc. at the BSS I frequent. It's like the Wal-mart of BSSs, I love it.

Back