BSS hair for sew-in for 4a/b relaxed. suggestions please?

HoneyDew

Does anyone have any suggestion on hair to buy to match thick relaxed 4a hair? The Indian Remy does not work for me - it’s just not a match. I have searched the boards but everyone goes back to suggesting the Indian hair. I’ve bought from Nature Girl and Indianhairs - not good for me. I tried that Sensationnal Goddess Remy, but that was not a good match either. It was nice, but was just too thick in a slick kind of way, not coarse. I hear that the Bohyme Remi yaki is decent as well as, that remi in the red box. (http://www.ebonyline.com/remi8-18.html ). I have some His and Her natural perm straight in the 50% mink. I have not used it and was thinking of trying it for my next sew in before I spend more money on more. I am also hearing a buzz about the Pink Diamond Yaki. So, basically, has anyone used:
1) His and Her Natural perm Straight 50% mink
2) Bohyme Remy Yaki
3) That Remi in the red box (http://www.ebonyline.com/remi8-18.html)
4) Diamond
5) Or any other kind that will match thick 4a/b hair.

What have been your experiences? Which is better? Worse?

Note: my goal is minimal shedding, minimal tangles and matting, not-to-big weft size, and texture match.

Thanks!

Last edited:
I've ordered the hisandher permstraight and it matched my texture (4a/b) when relaxed, but the color was off so I returned it and never used it. Now that I don't relax, I just go with a full head sewin. I had ALOT of trouble with blending. This is easier. Right now I have the Indian hair.

Thanks Carrie,

What style do you have with a full sew-in? How do they corn-row your hair?

That’s too bad that the color of that hisandher was off. I have #1, which one did you have?

Thanks again.

Honeydew, when u had the indianhairs did you try to put a track of yaki or some other "AA" type texture on top to help w/blending?

Also the lacefront wig that I got from His and Hers was natural perm straight. But it was probably their 100% cuticle hair. It matches AA relaxed hair just about to a T. The best Ive seen but 100% cuticle is expensive!!!! :eek: From my past experience w/His and Hers I would say the 50% Itl Mink is good quality too but there is a definite difference btw that and the cuticle.

No, I have never tried to use a yaki on top. I may have to do that. I guess I did not want to worry about blending those, either.

His and Her does have expensive cuticle hair. I would love to try it, but I really need to save up for the renovations to my house! :)

I was looking at another board and people were saying they did not like hisandher. I think they were trying the curly stuff, but i want straight like mine.

Thanks for the info!

My hair is braided with one across the front from ear to ear and the rest straight back. Hope that makes sense. I have a TEENY-TINY bit left out up front in a couple of these pics. I just use some Elast QP glaze on that part.

Indian Hair:

Indian.jpg

Indian2.jpg

Synthetic Janet Hot Stuff Fusion

0723.jpg

spiral.jpg

19sweetie said:
Your hair looks nice in the pics? Where do you order your hair from? How much does one need?
Thank you. The indian hair came from www.indianhairs.com and I used a little over one pack. The Janet I just got from my local bss and I used 2 packs.

Honey Dew-
If you didnt like the Goddess Remi Yaki then you probably wont like the Remi in the red box. I find the Goddess Remi Yaki to be coarser than the Remi in the red box. I think the Natural Perm Straight will work for you as I have a major problem with blending and the clearance natural perm straight was perfect for me. I have the lacefront that Carrie ordered and it is a perfect blend for 4a/4b hair. I plan on ordering their cuticle hair once I get some money. As a side note I just did a very thorough relaxer with Dudley's mild and I actually think I can wear straight Indian Remi with adding any yaki tracks for blending. So if you want that may be an option for you as well. I had been rebelling against doing that for the past year and now that its done I dont even know what the problem was.

Thanks cutebajangirl! Great info. I have been rebelling against blending for some time now. I see that you are a remi addict now, so I will take your word for it. :)

I think I will use this hisandher hair that I bought so that i will stop feeling like I am wasting more money, but I have 8 oz of indianhairs.com straight that I will try to use one day like everyone else. It's beautiful hair, it really is.

Honey- Then I would use 1 pack of the indian hair you have and then fill in the rest with the His and Her hair. I agree I think most of the bad reviews on His and Her come from the curly hair. I think I may even like thier Natural perm straight better than Bohyme Saharian Smooth.

Back