BSL+ 4B Types Length Retention

What is the Status of Your Hair

• Total voters

Junebug D

Please choose from the poll options below. Just curious if 4b hair generally retains length better with or without processing, or if it makes any difference at all. This poll is for hair that is predominately 4b.

I'm mostly 4b with a little 4a. My hair is relaxed now and longer than it's ever been. I was natural when I first joined then I was texlaxed for a while and a year ago I went completely relaxed. The only reason I maintain length and thickness is because I use a minimal heat/low manipulation regimen, I keep my hair moisturized by condition washing daily and using NTM Silk, and I use a professional to relax my hair every 3 months instead of me doing it with my cheap relaxers and inconsistent techniques.

I don't think being relaxed or natural is part of the equation only how you treat your hair and scalp/body.

I wonder how many type 4s on this board are relaxed vs. natural, too.

Anywho, I'm 4b with bsl+.

There's a thread that sylver started for type 4s who are relaxed and bsl. I don't know if there's one for type 4 natural bsl+. There is a list that people frequently post of links to fotkis, but a third of the links no longer work, some of them aren't type 4s, and not all of them are bsl.

I wonder how many type 4s on this board are relaxed vs. natural, too.

Anywho, I'm 4b with bsl+.

There's a thread that sylver started for type 4s who are relaxed and bsl. I don't know if there's one for type 4 natural bsl+. There is a list that people frequently post of links to fotkis, but a third of the links no longer work, some of them aren't type 4s, and not all of them are bsl.

D'oh! :wallbash: That's very important to know too, isn't it? :lachen: I guess that would have to be in yet another poll. I wish we could have multiple polls in one post... :sad:

I'm 4b BSL, transitioning. But I have more natural hair than texlaxed, so I chose natural.
I think it would be even longer right now if I hadn't texlaxed because it's hell trying to keep these processed ends from breaking off.

I have honestly seen more relaxed 4b and 4a BSL than natural. It think its more preference then retention. I dont think I'll go natural being a 4a. My natural hair is curly and soft but the thickness is off the chain. People already think I am natural. When I tell then no, i relax...they are like dang...

I have honestly seen more relaxed 4b and 4a BSL than natural. It think its more preference then retention. I dont think I'll go natural being a 4a. My natural hair is curly and soft but the thickness is off the chain. People already think I am natural. When I tell then no, i relax...they are like dang...

I completely agree!

I am 4a/b. I would say more 4b, but with the right products and just my hair's mood, it can be very 4a. My hair is natural, except I did the BKT and have it pressed currently. I've had it pressed twice this summer and in between the 2 presses, I've worn wet buns.

The longest length has been bra-strap and that was natural. When relaxed, I had full shoulder length.

My current length is armpit in back and past a little past shoulder length in the front and like prettyface said, it is beyond thick. The thickness used to overshadow my relaxer.

I am 4b (with some 4c), texlaxed, MBL. I have been natural, relaxed-straight, and now texlaxed, which is what I prefer.

My hair is the longest and thickest it has ever been in my life, but honestly, I think I would have the same success as a natural head, but it just so happens that when i decided to texlax my hair, I also found hairboards that taught me how to properly care for my hair, whether it's chemically-treated or not.

Back