Brooklyn Braiders

girlyprincess23

Helllooo ladies!! Does anyone know of any braiders in brooklyn (flatbush, downtown or bushwick vicinities) that do not braid too tight, pull out hair or braid your hair the way they want it braided and can weave? I am considering either a weave with cornrows in the front or kinky twists as it is "midterms and getting ready for finals time" and do not have a lot of time for hair. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Please if you know of some one/ place leave their address, phone number and name!!!

There's a place in downtown Brooklyn called Louise African Hair Braiding.

The shop is located at 78 Willoughby Street (between Lawrence and Bridge Streets), and the phone # is: (718) 858-7789. The shop is opened every day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The prices are reasonable too. Louise always charged me $90 for individual braids, and I never brought my own hair with me, either.

However, make sure that Louise and ONLY Louise braids your hair.

The other girls=:nono: (tight braiding on the edges and hair-ripping galore with that daggone fine-toothed comb).

I know someone, but I'll have to ask her first before I post her info. She currently does hair in her home. She may also come to your home for an additional fee. She's an excellent stylist and has worked in many of the high end salons throughout NY.

Last edited:
Afia Glover (646) 460-1628. She's located in Bushwick. I've been going to her for over 9 years.You will not be disappointed!!:grin:

Last edited:
There's a place in downtown Brooklyn called Louise African Hair Braiding.

The shop is located at 78 Willoughby Street (between Lawrence and Bridge Streets), and the phone # is: (718) 858-7789. The shop is opened every day from 9 a.m. to 7 p.m. The prices are reasonable too. Louise always charged me $90 for individual braids, and I never brought my own hair with me, either.

However, make sure that Louise and ONLY Louise braids your hair.

The other girls=:nono: (tight braiding on the edges and hair-ripping galore with that daggone fine-toothed comb).

I see this all the time. I believe it has like a green sign and it's on the second floor (unless I am getting it confused). Thanks for the heads up as well about the other braiders!!

Back