BronxMyth has repaid her sub. and is back. One yr. + (set back included).

BronxMyth

I started my journey around June 2009. The last pic is the most recent one showing, in my eyes, my set back.

Excuse the mirror : (

Set back: I got so lazy with rolling my hair and impatient with sitting under the dryer, especially during the summer months. I was on a tight budget and couldn't get wash and sets as often. I had to chose between the AC or the hooded dryer (couldn't have both on at the same time, it would trip the circuit breakers). So I blow dried and flat ironed because it was quicker! Now, I love my T3 blow dryer and CHI flat iron, but not every week. As a result, my hair did not hold on to moisture well and I had to moisturize and seal often, causing my hair to fall flat (hate that). I also trimmed about an inch of my ends because I was so paranoid of having frizzy, wired ends. :drunk:

Attachments

• 022-1.jpg
    022-1.jpg
    35.7 KB · Views: 92
  • 065.jpg
    065.jpg
    49.9 KB · Views: 58
  • 008.jpg
    008.jpg
    26.7 KB · Views: 52
  • 011.jpg
    011.jpg
    48.8 KB · Views: 63
My reggie: If I'm going to the Dominicans for a wash and set, I bring my own products. I leave the chemical applications (touch up, rinse) to them. I go under the smaller dryer and let them blow the roots out only, never the ends. Me and my stylist communicate well and I'm happy going there.

I use Mizani relaxer for fine and color treated hair. Kera Care 1st lather and Hydrating shampoo. Yes to Carrots Mud Mask conditioner and Baba de Caracol Intensive Treatment (love this stuff). For protein, I use UNA Intensive Protein Treatment or Salerm Mascrilla (sp?). I'm trying to find a protein treatment without cones. For leave-ins, I spray my hair with Aphogee's Pro-Vitamin then "seal" with AG Fast Food or Salerm 21. When it's dry, I take less than a pea size of Jane Carter's Nourish and Shine, emulsify it between my hands and apply it towards the ends. Oh, and I love UNA's Oxygenating scalp drops! My scalp is in heaven when I use this. Not sure if it contributed to extra growth, but my scalp feels clean and unclogged all week! Oh yeah, and I love Adore color rinses (in the white bottle).

Your is looks so healthy and shiny. I have been wanting to try AG Fast Food for years now but I can never find it in my BSS.

Sent from my Zio using Long Hair Care Forum App

Back