Breakthru Products

patticake

ok i'm weak and i can't take it anymore! i'm going back to my curling iron
frown.gif
....well at least once a week. i was in walgreens today and saw the new heat protection styling lotion from breakthru. i'm sorry, but i forgot the exact name! i know it's not the daily moisturizing lotion though. has anybody tried this product yet? or any other good heat protecting products?
confused.gif

i tried it my first year of college (last year
tongue.gif
) shortly before i came to the hair boards and i dont remember it being very moisturizing at all, in fact i think i gave it away. i do remeber my hair being stiff and using pink oil for better resutls. I did not know about phyantriol (sp? a heat protectant) at that time so i could not tell you if it contained it or not.

Its quite expensive, but then again i haven't seen any products geared at heat protection in between washes.

I tried the lotion and it made my hair stiff as well.
frown.gif
IIRC, it does not contain phytantriol.

Do a search for heat protectants and you'll find a lot of good info. Also, someone posted a few days ago about avocado oil being pretty good. I like New Image Damage Free as a heat protectant (Sally's sells this, but it's being discontinued.) It contains Phytantriol. So does the Clairol 5x Replenishing Conditioner and I think their leave-in does too! I also use the Profectiv Healthy ends always before flat ironing with good results. I am trying to give up heat altogether though.
smile.gif

Oh, too I learned to put the flat iron on a damp towel before I put it in my hair. I do this prior to curling each section. This takes some of the heat out of the flat iron. If you hear it sizzle on the towel, then it's too hot. No sizzling on my hair!
naughty.gif

Back