Breaking a Curse from "Friends" & Family

kayte

My life is slowly starting to turn towards the light of fulfillment God's promises. I had reached a painful point in my career and have been struggling with it,though work has been good lately. Two days ago I received tentative news that maybe something good is on the horizon and cautiously shared that with one friend who has been enthusiatically supporting me as others have. :)

BUT
at dinner last night sharing this with another friend he said...even if I got fame posthoumously..it won't happen unless I take action....you have to ACT....even if you die before the good thing happens ...he said.

Another friend who does not talk to me on the phone anymore or anything does not acknowledge my emails or invitations..sent me a forward last night....(which I got after coming home with dinner with that friend who said the posthoumous thing)

IT SAID..untimely deaths.... in the subject line and it was all about people who bragged..how they didn't need God..and wound up with awful tragedies....
Both of these comments have totally messed with my head
and I am upset

I had an aunt who quoted the bible to me about people not knowing about when they go...how I'd better be careful
I told my mom who said ....do NOT listen to that
this aunt had recently admitted to being jealous of me
It feels like they were wishing this stuff on me....

Years ago when my hair first grew a friend said why don't you cut it all off and next thing my hair shedded so bad it went short

These do not feel like suggestions they register as curses...and
I wondered first of all is this my own belief system and not applicable in the Christian Realm
but if so ...can evil energy or enemy enrgy this be broken

I used to read ..how it would be said in the Name of Jesus I come against all evil spoken over me..I think it was a TDJakes online power point that has some thing like that

Any input or biblical refence to breaking curses appreciated

I worried if God wants me to move forward ..but right after I had a dream with a recreational vehicle with an American Flag in the back bumper
and the word JESUS on the side and the vehicle was moving

Then these two devotions(excerpted ) came in and I thought God is reassuring me

Locusts can't really fly; their wings are too narrow. But they can jump 200 times their own height. And timing is everything! The locust waits till the wind blows, then he jumps, and the wind carries him to his destination. What's the message of the locust? (1) When God moves, be sure you move!A locust cannot navigate where he goes, or fly against the wind, or chart his own course, or change direction. No, he's totally dependent on the wind. Thank God for self-help books and leadership seminars, etc. But there comes a moment when you have to trust God, recognize His timing, take a leap of faith and let the wind of His Spirit take you where you need to go.

You're Closer than You Think

[]It’s easy to be tempted to give up on a goal, prayer or desire when it seems as if the answer isn’t coming as quickly as you would like. Yet, at these times, dare to learn how to hope even more in God. Usually, our battles seem the darkest just before the dawn. Just like a woman experiences birth pains right before the birth of her child, we too experience intense moments before breakthrough. Yet, we must not give up prematurely during these heated times. In Hebrews 10:35 it says, “Do not cast away your confidence for it will be richly rewarded.”

As faith-filled believers, we must keep hoping, keep believing and stay faithful. Many times, we are closer than we think to victory. God is faithful to His promises. When God says we will be richly rewarded for keeping our confidence in Him, that should give us a second wind, giving us fuel to keep up the faith. Don’t give up today on your dreams and your hope in God. By developing the attitude, “I’ve come too far to stop now” and learning how to be full of hope, expecting God’s favor daily, you’ll see God begin to do amazing things even in the midst of trying times! You are closer than you think to victory. Dare to hope in God and His promises. You will not be disappointed

Last edited:
It seems as if your breakthrough is at hand if the enemy is sending negative discouraging people your way. This is a sign for you to keep pressing towards your goal. If these friends were genuine they would want you to be happy and successful. Jealousy is also probably a factor in their behavior. Maybe the Lord is revealing the true character of these friends .

James4:7
7Submit yourselves, then, to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.

Luke10:19-20

19I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. 20However, do not rejoice that the spirits submit to you, but rejoice that your names are written in heaven.

Psalm 8:4-6

4 What is man that You are mindful of him,
And the son of man that You visit him?
5 For You have made him a little lower than the angels,[a]
And You have crowned him with glory and honor.

6 You have made him to have dominion over the works of Your hands;
You have put all things under his feet,

In this book i have that called Unbroken Curses it says that the believer should speak outloud, take authority over the curse in the name of Jesus Christ and command it be broken.

Numbers 23:1-26
1 Then Balaam said to Balak, “Build seven altars for me here, and prepare for me here seven bulls and seven rams.”
2 And Balak did just as Balaam had spoken, and Balak and Balaam offered a bull and a ram on each altar. 3 Then Balaam said to Balak, “Stand by your burnt offering, and I will go; perhaps the LORD will come to meet me, and whatever He shows me I will tell you.” So he went to a desolate height. 4 And God met Balaam, and he said to Him, “I have prepared the seven altars, and I have offered on each altar a bull and a ram.”
5 Then the LORD put a word in Balaam’s mouth, and said, “Return to Balak, and thus you shall speak.” 6 So he returned to him, and there he was, standing by his burnt offering, he and all the princes of Moab.
7 And he took up his oracle and said:

“Balak the king of Moab has brought me from Aram,
From the mountains of the east.

‘ Come, curse Jacob for me,
And come, denounce Israel!’

8 “How shall I curse whom God has not cursed?
And how shall I denounce whom the LORD has not denounced?

9 For from the top of the rocks I see him,
And from the hills I behold him;
There! A people dwelling alone,
Not reckoning itself among the nations.

10 “Who can count the dust[a] of Jacob,
Or number one-fourth of Israel?
Let me die the death of the righteous,
And let my end be like his!”
11 Then Balak said to Balaam, “What have you done to me? I took you to curse my enemies, and look, you have blessed them bountifully!”
12 So he answered and said, “Must I not take heed to speak what the LORD has put in my mouth?”

Balaam’s Second Prophecy

13 Then Balak said to him, “Please come with me to another place from which you may see them; you shall see only the outer part of them, and shall not see them all; curse them for me from there.” 14 So he brought him to the field of Zophim, to the top of Pisgah, and built seven altars, and offered a bull and a ram on each altar.
15 And he said to Balak, “Stand here by your burnt offering while I meetthe LORD over there.”
16 Then the LORD met Balaam, and put a word in his mouth, and said, “Go back to Balak, and thus you shall speak.” 17 So he came to him, and there he was, standing by his burnt offering, and the princes of Moab were with him. And Balak said to him, “What has the LORD spoken?”
18 Then he took up his oracle and said:

“Rise up, Balak, and hear!
Listen to me, son of Zippor!
19 “God is not a man, that He should lie,
Nor a son of man, that He should repent.
Has He said, and will He not do?
Or has He spoken, and will He not make it good?

20 Behold, I have received a command to bless;
He has blessed, and I cannot reverse it.

21 “He has not observed iniquity in Jacob,
Nor has He seen wickedness in Israel.
The LORD his God is with him,
And the shout of a King is among them.

22 God brings them out of Egypt;
He has strength like a wild ox.

23 “For there is no sorcery against Jacob,
Nor any divination against Israel.
It now must be said of Jacob
And of Israel, ‘Oh, what God has done!’

24 Look, a people rises like a lioness,
And lifts itself up like a lion;
It shall not lie down until it devours the prey,
And drinks the blood of the slain.”
25 Then Balak said to Balaam, “Neither curse them at all, nor bless them at all!”
26 So Balaam answered and said to Balak, “Did I not tell you, saying, ‘All that the LORD speaks, that I must do’?”

If I were you I wouldn't entertain any of their negativity, just know that God has the last word over your situation and that his will for you will come to pass regardless of what they think they know.

Thank you SO MUCH Ultrasudea. I am going to look up that book..but I can sure do what it says The stories of Balaak and Balaaam and your encouraging words about breakthrough are so helpful

and I remember the story of Elijah who had proved powerful from the hand of God and yet when Jezebel spoke evil on him to kill him ..he fled in fear and wanted
to die ..but God took care of him and Jezebel was the one who fell under the sword

God has the last word over your situation and that his will for you will come to pass regardless of what they think they know

You are so right
and like Elijah..I forgot the power of God has the last word

First of all, e-hugs. I don't think it is just your own thinking that is registering these words as curses. It is your sensitivity in the spiritual realm---discernment. Because you are so open to God and willing to accept all he has for you, you are able to receive that gift in order to know whether or not the things that people say/do are of God or not. This is a blessing.

Here is some info
The gift of discernment is classified as an outreach gift because it is part of the process of telling right from wrong in the presentation of the gospel. This gift is also called "the ability to distinguish between spirits" (1 Cor. 12:10 NIV) Others call it the gift of insight.
taken from http://www.spiritualgifts26.org/discernment.html
Also, you know that the closer you get to God, the more clever the enemy has to be in order to get into your path. This was very slick of him to try to use familiar people to try to bring curses upon your life. Just think if you believed them, you would be defeated before you even started. So the score now is Devil-0, kayte and God-1.

Be careful and be watchful. Don't hold any feeling toward those people in particular. continue to love them and treat them with that love that is agape love that you have from God. I say this, because if they are not spiritually in tune, they may not even realize that they have been used against you. I think todays sermon at church will bless you. Hopefully it will bless you as much as it blessed me. It was from Psalm 121 and talks about how God will protect us. You have been protected by the gift he gave you of discernment. Thank him, praise him and keep pressing forward. I know you can do it, and although I don't know the details of your career, I have picked up on some of your posts and i know that you will be a success so long as you keep your eyes on God. I speak blessings into your life and your career so that those who do not serve the same God you serve, or who have strayed from him, will see your life as a testimony of the power that God has over every thing that walks the earth and the heavenlies, as well as those who walk in darkness. Even the devil himself has to ask God for permission to move on this earth. I will continue to pray for you sister.

WOW Super Nova.........................................................

I just read your post today....I'm touring and distracted by worry
....it 's been a challenge to keep up my gratitudes

I am SO grateful for your post and prayer blessing God knows..God knows ..I need them
thank you SuperNova what a blessed and loving post
Thank you again Ultrasuedea...for you both providing the insights and inspriational weaponry

I will be re-reading yours and Ultrasuedea's inspirational posting on this ..it gives me chills and I am glad Iam NOT alone in spiritual warfare but by both of your examples victory is more than a word ..it can God's way of an abundant fulfilled vibrant life

May God reward you both and bless you 100fold in every desire of your hearts
Praise HIS NAME

Back