Breakage vs. Short Hairs? What's the difference?

Serenity_Peace

Genius never dies!
Ladies,

I've noticed that I have short hairs all over from the hair line and sometime at the crown. I've seen this with most women, whether their hair is healthy or not; whether they're white, black, Asian, Hispanic, etc.

So when I comb my hair, I do get some short hairs but not many.

Can someone...anyone...tell me the difference. Are those short hairs breakage as well as the hairs that one sometimes sees in the comb?

Thanks,

SP ;)

From what I've heard, you have to look at the ends. If they are tapered, it's new hair. If its blunt, split or some other variation, it's probably broken hair.

Also...I think the hair around the edges is different hair. I have also seen that all women have short hairs on the edges. I don't think that hair grows that much

My ends don't look too bad. Protein treatment really did wonders to stop most breakage. I do think I'm in the shedding phase, though it's not that bad.

Anyone else wanna chime in?

Thanks, ladies!! :kiss:

kinda OT, but how many strands are u ladies shedding each day now that it is officially Fall? I know I dont shed much on a day to day basis, maybe 6-8 strands, but when I detangle on wash day, I see a lot. Maybe this is from the shed hair that didnt come out during the week.

From what I've heard, you have to look at the ends. If they are tapered, it's new hair. If its blunt, split or some other variation, it's probably broken hair.

This is also how I determine what is what as well. Since I have been transitioning, I have brand new strands of hair shooting up all over the place (my hair is getting thicker) and at first I was worried that my hair was breaking whenever I saw the hairs. After close examination, I was able to see the difference in "those" short hairs and some "other" short hairs on my head. (the difference being the tapered vs. the blunt ends)

BB

Back