Breakage from Bunning???? HELP!

Barbie83

Well, it sure got chilly in Cincinnati QUICK. So I'm back on my bunning thing, trying to protect my ends from the nasty cold air. Last night I noticed my nape looking a little damaged, and the ends of my nape stop where I've been putting the ponytail holder. I don't know if my mind is playing tricks on me though (I airdried and my hair always looks crappy when I do that :rolleyes:)

I really can't afford a setback due to "protective" styling.......that would really suck. Does anyone have any tips for how to avoid breaking my hair off when I bun?

-I'm relaxed, 4a (I think)
-I wrap the holder (Goody ouchless) around 3 times (I tried 2 but it's so loose it looks stupid:ohwell:)
-I don't wet bun, but sometimes I damp bun
-I use light protein (Aphogee 2 min used for 30 min with heat) 3-4 times a month
-I moisture DC every time I shampoo wash (once a week)

Tips please ladies!!!

Do you switch up the positioning every few days? You have to do that to avoid damage. Put it a little higher or a little lower to change up the tension.

I use cut up panty hose or scrunchies instead of pony holders too.

Scrunchies------throwback! I didn't even think of that.....I gotta invest in some of those :look:

how do u use cut up pantyhose?

Do you switch up the positioning every few days? You have to do that to avoid damage. Put it a little higher or a little lower to change up the tension.

I use cut up panty hose or scrunchies instead of pony holders too.

Yes I use scrunchies too and I have not experienced any noticeable breakage. I would suggest satin scrunchies.

Scrunchies------throwback! I didn't even think of that.....I gotta invest in some of those :look:

how do u use cut up pantyhose?

Yes they are throwback!:lachen: But them suckas work wonders!!! :lachen: If you hold them up just like you would wear them and cut the legs of the panty hose horizontally you will be able to use them and ponytail holders. They are perfect because they are black/brown, have elasticity, the nylon will neither suck the oils out your hair nor rip your hair out, and you can make tons of ponytail holders from a single pair!

Yes they are throwback!:lachen: But them suckas work wonders!!! :lachen: If you hold them up just like you would wear them and cut the legs of the panty hose horizontally you will be able to use them and ponytail holders. They are perfect because they are black/brown, have elasticity, the nylon will neither suck the oils out your hair nor rip your hair out, and you can make tons of ponytail holders from a single pair!

that is fabulous!!! I'm picking up some Leggs Sheer Energy on my way home! fo sho! :lachen:

I cut up my pairs of tights too, I buy microfibre tights with the same logic that microfibre towels are better for hair

Back