BRAZILIAN SILK™ by DĀR-X

VinDieselsWifey

http://www.braziliansilk.com/news.html

anybody heard of this keratin treatment? i was doing some research on the keratin treatments & came across this website. sounds good, but i don't know.

This is how it works:

"Fortified with the Açái berry, BRAZILIAN SILK™ Professional Keratin Treatment is 100%-ALDEHYDE FREE! That's right, no formaldehyde, no glutaraldehyde or any other words that mean aldehyde of any kind. BRAZILIAN SILK™ actually contains acetic acid, the main ingredient in vinegar. BRAZILIAN SILK™ is the first and only keratin treatment in the US to use acetic acid in conjunction with a neutralizing mask to seal the hair shaft and give the clients instant results. When applied, the acetic acid works as a chelator (pronounced key-lay-tor and means: attractor) of minerals and sebum, removing them from the hair shaft and lowering the pH level.

Proteins, which rely on their shape for their function, attribute much of their shape to the positive and negative charges of the amino acids that are found in the Neutralizing Mask along with anti-oxidants. As the pH levels change, the charges of the proteins also change affecting the integrity of the proteins in question. The pH level at which each protein is optimal is called the isoelectric point (for Keratin it is around 4.5). Moving the pH by adding an organic acid (acetic acid) allows for the manipulation of the protein shape and function.

This lower pH level allows conditioners found in the Neutralizing Mask to seal the scales of the hair shaft flat and tighten the disulfide bonds in the Keratin thus strengthening the shaft while allowing less places for breakage to occur. High pH levels can cause hair to swell, which strains the disulfide bonds, causing scaling and ultimately the destruction of the hair while very low pH levels could cause swelling due to hydrolysis and higher cross-link density. Since the majority of the Neutralizing Mask is composed of stabilizers, emulsifiers, anti-static and moisture capturing ingredients, the optimal pH level of the protein (Keratin) is maintained and your client is left with silky, shiny, manageable hair. Best of all, clients don’t have to wait for the results...that's right, no waiting 3-4 days to wash or style their hair, no down time at all, just Beautiful Hair. "

http://www.braziliansilk.com/news.html

Honestly...I'm reading this and thinking that the products are working against each other. Acidifying closes the cuticle - so how does the keratin protein then penetrate at 4.5pH; then followed up by the mask which also lowers the pH.

Not saying it won't work, but it certainly isn't the ONLY keratin product in the US that is aldehyde free. So I guess I am just annoyed the claim.

Back